The New PEDAL CARVE TURN
- Mind the Gap. Ulmer, Kristen // Skiing;Dec99, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p50
Looks at the popularity and risk of the ski technique called gap jumps.
- Prepare for TAKEOFF. Mitchell, Kevin // Skiing;Jan2001, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p98
Presents techniques on skiing and ski jumps. Description of the cross skiing; How to make a basic ski jump; How to make a basic ski twist.
- cliff notes. DesLauriers, Rob; DesLauriers, Eric // Skiing;Feb2002, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p38
Provides tips on skiing. Steps in jumping off a cliff; Factors considered in such stunt; Body positioning.
- flying lessons. Sanders, Barbara; Kitt, Aj // Skiing;Feb2002, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p40
Presents tips on developing ski jumping skills. Description of ski jumping; Pattern of moves in ski jumping.
- The Most Beautiful Thing. Shelton, Peter // Ski;Feb2002, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p42
Describes ski jumping as a science.
- WHERE KIDS DREAM OF FLYING: SATRE HILL. // Yankee;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p40
The article offers information on Satre Hill located in Salisbury, Connecticut which is hosting the Alpine Ski Jumping Winter Carnival from January 25 to 27, 2013 and the 87th Annual Jumpfest and Eastern U.S. Ski Jumping Championships from February 8 to 10, 2013.
- Holmenkollen Ski Jump. // Modern Metals;Nov2011, Vol. 67 Issue 10, p64
Photographs of the Holmenkollen ski jump in Oslo, Norway are presented.
- Endless Winter. // Sports Illustrated;8/11/2008, Vol. 109 Issue 5, p10
A photograph of ski jumper Carl Nordin of Sweden preparing to make a practice jump in Einsiedeln, Switzerland is presented.
- SUNSHINE VILLAGE'S DELIRIUM DIVE. Hjertaas, Kevin // Skiing;Nov2008, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p52
The article offers information about Sunshine Village's Delirium Dive in Banff, Alberta. The Delirium Dive is an area of 600 acres and 2,000 vertical feet. It is a skiing place with six different types of dives which are called Delirium Proper, Upper Starbucks, Lower Starbucks, Steel Pipe, Bre-X...