People In The News
- Ironman: Armored Avenger. // Children's Technology Review;Aug2013, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p11
The article evaluates the 29 screen interactive Marvel storybook from Disney Publishing Worldwide Inc.
- Disney Publishing had strong '96, looks for more growth. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/20/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 3, p263
Discusses the Disney Publishing Group under president John Skipper. Success in 1996; The performance of adult publisher Hyperion; Television and motion picture tie-ins for books; The success of literature related to the motion picture `101 Dalmatians'; Expectations for tie-ins with Disney's...
- Court Rules Beardstown Suit Can Go Forward. Farmafarnaian, Roxane // Publishers Weekly;11/8/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 45, p17
Reports that an appellate court in San Francisco, California has ruled that Disney's Buena Vista Books is not entitled to First Amendment protection for fraudulent claims it made in the jacket copy of its Beardstown Ladies' Investment Club books. Information on the court's ruling; Details on the...
- M&A Scorecard. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Oct2005, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p16
Presents an update on consolidation and merger activities in the magazine publishing industry in the U.S. as of October 2005. Appraise Media and Y-Visionary; Highline Media and Bloomberg L.P.; Discover Media and Disney Publishing Worldwide.
- See Disney consolidate. Angel, Karen // Crain's New York Business;05/10/99, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p15
Profiles Steven Murphy, chief executive officer of New York City-based publishing company, Disney Publishing Group. Career progression; Contributions made to the company and to the entire industry; Business strategies utilized; Success story.
- MEREDITH'S TAKEOVER OF "FAMILYFUN" SEEMS AS FRIENDLY AS "EATING WELL. // Media Industry Newsletter;1/9/2012, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p2
The article focuses on the significance of the purchase of the magazine "FamilyFun" from Disney Publishing Worldwide by Meredith Corp. on January 4, 2012, according to publisher Deb Mignucci. About 60% of Publishers Information Bureau-compiled advertising (ad) revenues are controlled by...
- JUST-SOLD "DISCOVER'S" 25TH-ANNIVERSARY LOOK AT THE FRONTIERS OF SCIENCE. // Media Industry Newsletter;9/19/2005, Vol. 58 Issue 36, p10
Reports on the purchase of the monthly periodical "Discover" by Bob Guccione Jr. from Disney Publishing. Reason that "Discover" could be on the block for six months; Views of Discover editor-in-chief Steve Petranek on the production of the 25th-anniversary issue; List of issue contributors.
- His Golden Days Numbered, Mickey Mouse Gets New Home With RH. // Book Publishing Report;05/15/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p3
Reports on Random House's signing of an exclusive licensing deal with Disney Publishing Worldwide. Terms of the licensing deal; Random House's plan to publish new titles based on Disney's live-action and animated feature films.
- Disney promotes two top publishing execs to global roles. // Book Publishing Report;10/11/99, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p3
Reports that Disney Publishing Group has promoted top executives Lisa Holton and Deborah Dugan to international roles, as part of its strategy to take a global approach to the company's licensed publishing business. Background on the career progression of the executives; Details about the...