- Industry Turns Out To Honor HMV COO McLaughlin. // Billboard;11/17/2001, Vol. 113 Issue 46, p68
Reports on the 2001 U.K. Music Industry Trusts (MIT) gala dinner in London, England held in honor of HMV Media Group Chief Operating Officer Brian McLaughlin. How he represents the first record retailer to receive the annual man of the year award, which recognizes an outstanding contribution to...
- McLaughlin Readies For New HMV Post. FERGUSON, TOM // Billboard;11/18/2000, Vol. 112 Issue 47, p12
Reports on the promotion of Brian McLaughlin to the position of chief operating officer (COO) of HMV Media Group. Highlights of his career in Great Britain's retail music trade; McLaughlin's involvement in the British Association of Record Dealers (BARD); Challenges presented by HMV's...
- HMV boss dismisses EMI sell-up reports. // Music Week;2/23/2002, Issue 7, p3
Reports on the denial made by HMV Media Group chief operating officer Brian McLaughlin regarding reports that EMI Recorded Music is planning to sell a percentage of its stake in the retailing group, as of February 2002.
- Chrysalis cuts jobs at books arm. // Printing World;8/11/2005, Vol. 291 Issue 6, p13
Reports on media group Chrysalis' plans to cut jobs in an attempt to improve profitability at its books division. Launching of a consultation period; Departure from the children's and promotional book publishing sector.
- HMV will launch after Easter. // High Yield Report;04/06/98, Vol. 9 Issue 14, p2
Reports on the launching of HMV Media's proposed multi-million offering. Insight on the value of the proposed offering; Which company is in charge of the issue; Indication that there was a delay in the issuing of the offering.
- HMV funds acquisitions. // High Yield Report;05/18/98, Vol. 9 Issue 20, p6
Presents information on the pricing of a two part offering or deal by HMV Media Group. Who the deal was priced through; Reference to the company pricing $125 million in United States dollars and $82.7 million through Rule 144A; Names of the company which the deal was rated by; What the $82.7...
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;2/10/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p8
Reports developments in the global publishing sector as of February 2003. Possibility of Oxford University Press to acquire the Grove dictionaries business from Macmillan; Finalization of the acquisition of Prion by Carlton Publishing Group; Alterations in the organizational structure of...
- International news. // Book Publishing Report;11/01/99, Vol. 24 Issue 43, p8
Reports on developments in the publishing industry for the period ended November 1, 1999. Acquisition strategy of Taylor & Francis; Competition in the online booksellers industry in Great Britain; Chrysalis Books' sale of the intellectual property of DPR Publishing with the purchase of...
- Chrysalis Books To Divest Businesses; Names Robin Wood CEO. // Book Publishing Report;5/16/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 19, p1
The article informs that media conglomerate Chrysalis Group PLC has reported yet another weak quarter for its books group. The company said the division had a net loss of 3.3 million dollars and announced plans to sell its children's and promotions divisions. The company hopes to eke out...