Three-Decade Friendship Helps HC Snag Long-Time RH Author Crichton
- Holiday Traffic Control. Nelson, Sara // Publishers Weekly;12/4/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 48, p4
The article discusses how publishers decide the release of books. HarperCollins cancelled the release of O. J. Simpson's tell-all book and released Michael Crichton's Next on November 28, 2006, just at the beginning of the year's biggest shopping season. This reflects a common practice among...
- Maybe We Canâ€¦. Nelson, Sara // Publishers Weekly;6/16/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 24, p4
The author expresses her hope for the book publishing industry to surpass difficult times. The author talks about a number of events that are affecting the industry, including the departure of HarperCollins' Jane Friedman, the appointment of Markus Dohle at Random House and the restructuring of...
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;2/4/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p8
Reports developments related to international publishers. Rank of Random House Inc. in Great Britain book market; Sales of Harper Collins; Appointment of Ann-Janine Murtagh as publishing director of Orchard Books.
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE PUBLISHERS Childrens' // Book Publishing Report;9/8/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 34, p8
Presents the list of the leading book publishers of the U.S. as of September 8, 2003. Number of bestseller books which helped HarperCollins to stay on top of the publisher's list; Total number of weeks during which titles of Random House did desirable business.
- Publisher unbound. Block, Valerie // Crain's New York Business;05/07/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p3
Focuses on the efforts of HarperCollins Publishers Inc. chief executive officer Jane Friedman in helping the New York City-based publishing company return to profitability. Signing of author Michael Crichton to a two-book contract; Details regarding the efforts of the chief executive in...
- HC profits up 200% in year; Hemming is new publisher. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;8/17/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 33, p13
Reports that HarperCollins increased its operating profits 200 percent in its year ending June 30, 1998. Amount of publishing revenues for HarperCollins; Hiring of Cathy Hemming as executive vice-president and publisher of the HarperCollins adult trade group; Jane Friedman's position as...
- Calendar. // Publishers Weekly;11/20/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 46, p8
The article presents a calendar of events for authors and publishers from November 26 to December 2, 2006 in the U.S. HarperCollins is printing two million copies of Michael Crichton's new novel Next on November 28, 2006. The new mass market release of author Iris Johansen's On the Run contains...
- Crichton crosses over to HarperCollins. Bing, Jonathan // Daily Variety;02/14/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 53, p36
Reports developments in authors and publishers in the United States as of February 2001. Transfer of author Michael Crichton to publisher HarperCollins; Sale of Sebastian Junger's 'Fire' by literary agent Stuart Krichevsky; Option of Anonymous Content of the novel 'Slab Rat,' by Ted Heller.
- BOOK BIZ GETS STAR-STRUCK. Bing, Jonathan // Variety;02/26/2001, Vol. 382 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the deals made by book authors with publishing companies for the publishing of their books. Worth of the two-book deal of author Michael Crichton with Harper-Collins; Book sales in the United States in 1998 and 1999; Statement from publisher Jonathan Galasi.