Ingram Dumps Bowker Database, Launches Own Book Search Service
- Ingram to Create New Book Catalog Database, Drop Long-Standing Connection with Bowker. Quint, Barbara // Information Today;Apr2001, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p20
Focuses on Ingram Customer Services, Inc. Announcement that the company will release a comprehensive new book title database to booksellers and libraries; Decision of the company to drop its alliance with R.R. Bowker; Possible impact of Bowker's sale by Reed Elsevier; Features of Ingram's book...
- R.R. Bowker Signs Agreement with Baker & Taylor. // Information Today;May2002, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p57
Reports that R.R. Bowker has signed an agreement with Baker & Taylor to expand information and services available through the Books In Print CD-ROM product line. Way that the Baker & Taylor format will replace that of Ingram Customer Systems, Inc.; Outlook for the use of the product by book buyers.
- QUICK CLICKS. Dorman, David // American Libraries;Jun/Jul2002, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p116
Mentions deals. Contracts and agreements of Ex Libris with the University of New South Wales, EBSCO with the New York Public Library, and others; Alliances and acquisitions of Ebrary and Ingenta; Vendor-to-vendor contact links for R.R. Bowker, EBSCO and others; Standards news for the Open...
- Bowker aids ALA fund. // Library Journal;8/1/1993, Vol. 118 Issue 13, p28
Reports that noted reference publisher R.R. Bowker presented the American Library Association (ALA) Scholarship Endowment with a $10, 842 check during the ALA annual conference in New Orleans. Money came from an incentive offered by Bowker to librarians to fill out questionnaires by a specified...
- Children's reference prog. St. Lifer, Evan; Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;4/1/1993, Vol. 118 Issue 6, p34
Announces that R.R. Bowker, New Providence, New Jersey, has initiated a new book program of interest to children's librarians, Young Readers Reference Collection. Purpose of collection; Cost; Contact point.
- Bowker, Whitaker join forces on CD-ROM. Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;11/1/1992, Vol. 117 Issue 18, p20
Reports R.R. Bowker and J. Whitaker & Sons have agreed to jointly produce a combined database of more than two million English-language entries on a single CD-ROM. Two of the publishing industry's bibliographic giants; Ira Siegel, president of R.R. Bowker; New disc.
- R.R. Bowker Extends Market Intelligence Reach, Acquires MIR. // Educational Marketer;6/14/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 17, p2
R.R. Bowker extends market intelligence reach, acquires Monument Information Resource .
- Confessions of a Serial Clicker: Ulrich's on the Web. McDermott, Irene E. // Searcher;Oct2002, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p8
Introduces the Ulrichsweb.com Web site of R.R. Bowker LLC. Features; Advantages; Information on the search button of the site.
- BIP available from SP. // Information Today;Oct96, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p21
Reports on R.R. Bowker's announcement of an agreement which will make databases such as `Books in Print' accessible via SilverPlatter's Electronic Reference Library (ERL). Monthly updates of Bowker databases; Compatibility of ERL's client/server architecture.