Struggling Xlibris Raising Prices As It Makes Second Round Of Layoffs
- Xlibris Has profits, but Few Buyers. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;3/17/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 11, p13
Presents updates on U.S. print-on-demand (POD) and publishing services vendor Xlibris as of March 17, 2003. Approximate number of books to be published in 2003; Percentage of revenue increase; Primary problem faced by POD publishers.
- Xlibris Expands to Europe, Asia. // Publishers Weekly;10/23/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 43, p20
Reports on the plans of print-on-demand and subsidy publisher Xlibris to expand its services in Europe and Asia in 2001. Remarks from John Feldcamp, chief executive officer, about the planned overseas expansion; Executives for Xlibris' business in Great Britain.
- Out of the dust with Xlibris. Gunther, Irene // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Feb2003, Vol. 116 Issue 2, p35
Describes the publishing company Xlibris in the U.S. Services provided by the company to authors; Cost of publishing a book; Steps in delivering a book manuscript to a publisher.
- The Next New Hope? Taylor Chehak, Susan // Publishers Weekly;4/30/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 18, p22
Presents an article on the benefits of print-on-demand technology to the publishing industry. Information on Xlibris, an electronic publisher; Advantages of the technology for authors.
- Xlibris Backtracks on Agent Referral Plan. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;10/29/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 44, p15
Reports that Xlibris, an online print-on-demand and publishing services company, canceled a plan that would pay a referral fee to agents who encouraged some of their writers to use Xlibris services. Details of the plan; Reason for the cancellation; Difficulty faced by the company in securing...
- Random Buys Share of E-Publisher Xlibris. Zeitchik, Steven M. // Publishers Weekly;4/10/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 15, p9
Reports that Random House publishing company acquired shares from Xlibris company. Percentage of the acquired shares; Conditions of the acquisition.
- In the Loop... // Book Publishing Report;12/18/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p7
Presents news items concerning publishing houses in the United States. Alibris' landing of contract to supply rare, antiquarian and hard-to-find books to Books-A-Million; Alliance between Xlibris and on-demand printing service Lightning Source Inc.; Agreement of Houghton Mifflin to provide half...
- Artist's tiff with book publishers is resolved. // Filipino Reporter;1/20/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p1
The article reports that the conflict between New York-based Filipino artist ZNY Laygo and publishing firm Xlibris has been resolved. It explains that Xlibris failed to deliver Laygo's book titled "Vignettes" which was supposed to be the highlight of the artist's one-woman show in September...
- An interview with Marcia Posner. Kaufman, Carol // Jewish Book World;Spring2014, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p53
An interview with author Marcia Weis Posner is presented. Posner accounts her illness forcing her to take vacation to write the novel "My Life in Post-Its: or, How I Got From There to Here." She notes that memories wrote themselves forming their episodes. She finds it pleasant to deal with...