Strike Two For Crown, As Retailer Enters Bankruptcy For Second Time
- Crown books emerging from bankruptcy, will have new leader. // Book Publishing Report;10/11/99, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p3
Reports that Crown Books Corp. has received final confirmation of its reorganization plan and plans to emerge from bankruptcy within a month. Crown Books' search for a candidate who will replace resigning Anna Currence as chief executive officer of the company; List of new company hirees;...
- Crown Losses About as Expected. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/4/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 1, p19
Reports on the bankruptcy filing of Crown Books with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission and its net loss for the third quarter of 1998. Net loss of the company for the quarter; Information on the company's agreement with its debtor-in-possession lenders to amend its current...
- Crown Books Files for Bankruptcy Again. Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;2/19/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 8, p9
Reports that Crown Books filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in the United States (U.S.). Assets and debts reported by the company in its filing in bankruptcy court in Delaware; Top unsecured creditors of Crown; Details on the filing of the company in the U.S. Securities and Exchange...
- Scaled-Down Crown Books Emerges from Bankruptcy. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/22/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 47, p9
Announces that Crown Books has officially emerged from bankruptcy. Immediate goal of the company; Comparable store sales; Terms of the reorganization plan.
- Crown Books Likely to Liquidate. Nawotka, Edward // Publishers Weekly;3/5/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 10, p11
Reports that Crown Books company filed a motion for a liquidation of the sale of its assets. Overview of the bankruptcy protection sought by the company; Comments from Chairman Charlie Cumello.
- Crown Continues To Reshape Executive Team, Names Three New Vice Presidents. // Book Publishing Report;08/14/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p1
Reports the appointment of vice presidents of Crown Books in Maryland. Career background of the executives; Account on the bankruptcy protection filed by the company; Plans to become a publicly traded company; Efforts to improve operations and increase revenues.
- Crown Books files for bankruptcy protection. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/20/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 29, p108
Announces that Crown Books filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in July 1998. Crown's assets and liabilities; Reason for filing for bankruptcy as failure to find a buyer for the chain; Crown's debts to wholesalers Ingram Book Co. and Bookazine; Debts to publishing companies, including...
- Court Okays Crown Disclosure Statement. // Publishers Weekly;8/30/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 35, p10
Reports that the United States Bankruptcy Court in Wilmington, Delaware has approved Crown Books' disclosure statement. Remarks from Crown president, Anna Currence; Next step for Crown.
- Court approves Crown's store-closing plan. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/31/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 35, p10
Reports that the bankruptcy court in Wilmington, Delaware, approved the bankruptcy plan of Crown Books in August, 1998. Crown to reduce its presence in major markets; Where stores will be closed; Ingram accepting a substantial amount of Crown product; Bankruptcy action regarding Lauriat's.