TITLE

Bertelsmann/RTL Pact Gets Regulator Attention

AUTHOR(S)
Legrand, Emmanuel; Spahr, Wolfgang; Heasman, Jon
PUB. DATE
March 2001
SOURCE
Billboard;03/03/2001, Vol. 113 Issue 9, p38
SOURCE TYPE
Trade Publication
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
Reports on plans by German media group Bertelsmann to acquire a majority stake in RTL Group, thus becoming the leading TV and radio broadcaster in Europe. Details of the pact, in which Bertelsmann will acquire Groupe Bruxelles Lambert's shares in RTL; Why regulators and competitors are concerned about the deal; Comments of industry executives.
ACCESSION #
4126608

 

Related Articles

  • EC greenlights RTL's takeover of Channel 5. Cendrowicz, Leo // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/30/2005, Vol. 390 Issue 36, p54 

    The article reports that the European Commission (EC) has cleared the takeover of Britain's Five channel by Europe's biggest broadcaster, the RTL Group. The EC--the European Union's antitrust authority--cleared the merger under its simplified review procedure, which clears mergers or...

  • RTL GROUP SUIT DENIED. Meza, Ed // Daily Variety;7/10/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 4, p6 

    Announces that a Luxembourg court rejected a lawsuit by minority shareholders of RTL Group seeing to annul its acquisition by Bertelsmann. Contention of the minority shareholders of RTL Group; Increase n the share price of Bertelsmann after its acquisition of Pearson.

  • Bertelsman eyes RTL stock. Meza, Ed // Daily Variety;12/5/2007, Vol. 297 Issue 47, p4 

    The article reports that Bertelsmann is planning to pay an estimated $1.5 billion to take over the European broadcasting company, RTL Group. Bertelsmann has confirmed that it is considering an offer for the 10.2 percent stake in publicly traded stock that it does not already own at RTL. RTL has...

  • Bertelsmann gets EU's OK on RTL stake. Meza, Ed // Daily Variety;05/14/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 53, p12 

    Reports on the European Union (EU) regulators' approval of the Bertelsmann's majority takeover of the RTL Group. Groupe Bruxelles Lambert's (GBL) option to float its stake in Bertelsmann by 2005; Comments of Bertelsmann chairman Thomas Middlehoff on the EU decision; Total number of television...

  • RTL play reported. Meza, Ed; Foreman, Liza // Daily Variety;03/13/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 10, p25 

    Reports on German company Bertelsmann's interest in purchasing a stake in the RTL Group held by Westdeutsche Allgemeinen Zeitung (WAZ). Valuation of the WAZ stake in Bertelsmann; Bertelsmann's acquisition of majority control in RTL following a share trade with Belgian banking company Groupe...

  • Bertelsmann takes control of Euro Broadcaster RTL. Roxborough, Scott // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;2/6/2001, Vol. 366 Issue 43, p69 

    Reports on the decision of German media giant Bertelsmann to exchange a quarter of its shares for control of RTL Group, the largest broadcaster in Europe. Value of Bertelsmann's total stake in RTL; Major shift for Bertelsmann.

  • Bertelsmann first-half results off beat. Roxborough, Scott // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/8/2005, Vol. 390 Issue 42, p10 

    This article presents information on the financial performance of Bertelsmann AG for the first half of 2005. The company announced that a middling performance from its music and broadcast divisions held down its first-half revenue and profit. Bertelsmann booked revenue of 8 billion euros for...

  • BIT OF BERTELSMANN. Meza, Ed // Daily Variety;1/30/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 21, p14 

    The article reports on the plan of Groupe Bruxelles Lambert (GBL) to open their 25 percent shares of stock in Bertelsmann AG into public bidding. The shares were estimated to amount 6.6 billion dollars. The rest of the 75 percent shares were controlled by the Mohn family. GBL may seek the public...

  • Keeping it in the family. Meza, Ed // Variety;3/29/2004 Supplement, Vol. 394, p8 

    Reports on the opportunities provided by the properties of RTL Television for other subsidiary multimedia corporations of Bertelsmann as of March 2004. Number of television stations owned by RTL Group in Europe; Benefits of the "Pop Idol" and "Die 80er Show" programs for the sister companies;...

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of THE LIBRARY OF VIRGINIA

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics