Social media: The new hybrid element of the promotion mix
- SMAC--The Right Nexus for SMBs. Malhotra, Vivek // Dataquest;3/15/2014, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p60
The article reports on the growth of social, mobile, analytics, and cloud (SMAC) technologies in 2014. It shows that the technologies assist small and medium businesses (SMBs) in tapping various social channels and actively engage customers who are interested in their products and services. It...
- A MESSAGE FROM THE CEO. Fitzpatrick, Joan // Journal of the Australian & New Zealand Institute of Insurance &;Jun2011, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p5
The article presents the author's views on the technological innovations in the field of communication and the use of technology for social interaction. She reflects on various facts which show the new forms of developments in mass media including the era of radio, then television and now social...
- Standing Out in the Crowd: Find New Clients Where Their Passions Are. Love, Karen // CPA Practice Management Forum;2011, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p7
The article offers the author's insights on innovative means of finding potential clients for an accounting firm based from what they learned at the South by Southwest (SXSW) Interactive conference in Austin, Texas in March 2011. The author says that going to a place where people gather is...
- Creating an Effective Social Media Brand. Voivod, Allen; Voivod, Lani // Business NH Magazine;Apr2012, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p16
The article offers tips on building an efficient social media brand. It says that consistency is a major aspect in reaching out to consumers, regardless of the social network they use. It suggests that a social media audit must be conducted, looking at various aspects such as the brand's...
- Make Social Media Work For You. Gilliland, Donna // OfficePro;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p24
The article considers the significance of social media as a powerful means to connect with potential customers or a potential employer. The capabilities of social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to divulge information about its users are explored. Advice on how to develop a...
- Strategic Self-Promotion for Fitness Pros. Fable, Shannon // IDEA Fitness Journal;Sep2015, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p22
The article offers the author's tips for growing a business through self-promotion methods and using the Book Yourself SolidÂ® system (BYS) which include choosing a database program, using a customer relationship management (CRM) system, and networking. Topics discussed include building trust...
- What should I tweet, what should I post? Gitomer, Jeffrey // Corridor Business Journal;8/2/2010, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p21
The article discusses the importance of business social media to build brand, image, reputation and perceived value with customers and the business community.
- Social media is nothing new to those who listen. Fox, Ilana // New Media Age;12/9/2010, p05
The author asserts that social media is about listening to customers and giving them what they want and that it has been an activity being done by successful marketers and businesses for years.
- 30 seconds on…. // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals (15476693);May2012, p16
The article reports that social media resources can bring the company closer to its customers and employees closer to each other, chief security officers are under pressure to implement policy that does not affect availability and embracing open standards can future proof the environment.