Connecticut Ready to Take Over Waterbury's Troubled Finances
- New regional mall revitalizes downtown area. // Buildings;Oct97, Vol. 91 Issue 10, p22
Discusses the construction of Brass Mill Center in Waterbury, Connecticut. Construction design of the building; Purpose of the shopping center construction; Statistics on the commercial shops operating on the shopping center.
- Waterbury, Conn., Takeover Plan Could Begin as Soon as March 7. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;02/28/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31086, p44
Reports on Connecticut Governor John G. Rowland's drafting of a bill that will define the state's financial takeover of Waterbury as well as the borrowing structure for the city's needed cash infusion. Key provisions of the legislative proposal; Scheduled voting on the bill; Credit rating...
- Tax commission $547-M savings plan: Progress. Moynahan, Mary Kaye // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/17/94, Vol. 41 Issue 42, p1
Reports on the savings plan of the Bi-County Tax Relief Commission of Long Island, New York. Annual savings from streamlining local government and school district operations.
- NACo Survey Shows Deteriorating Fiscal Conditions Among Counties. // Public Management (00333611);Aug2003, Vol. 85 Issue 7, p32
Reports on the results of the National Association of Counties' survey on the fiscal conditions of U.S. counties. Plans to reduce public health services; Reduction in state funding for state-mandated programs; Increase in demand for county-provided services.
- Yonkers residents' group lobbies state for $50 million. Prenon, Mary T. // Westchester County Business Journal;6/17/96, Vol. 35 Issue 25, p30
Reports on the lobbying efforts for a $50 million state funding in Yonkers, New York. Plans to use the fund to overcome the city's budget deficit; Contingency plan for funding shortage.
- Incentives key to revenue enhancement. Alfred, Stephen // American City & County;Nov94, Vol. 109 Issue 12, p10
Focuses on process of creating revenue resources for the municipality and county. Most useful revenue enhancement strategies; Disadvantages of the privatization of services cited by critics; How to minimize the adverse effect of service reductions.
- County plan awaited. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;6/26/95, Vol. 13 Issue 26, p3
Reports on the capital improvement plan of Kent County, Michigan. Intentions of county administrator Melinda Carlton; Organizing county spending through a five-year capital spending master plan; Projects included in the master list.
- BID debt concerns Rudy. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;9/09/96, Vol. 12 Issue 37, p26
Reports that New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani wants to curb the sale of bonds by business improvement districts. Giuliani's belief for the need to exercise more control over district's finances.
- Management's 1996 local authorities. // Management;Apr96, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p50
Presents a chart of the financial condition of New Zealand's local authorities as of March 1996. Population; Direct expenditure per head of population; Rank of direct expenditure per head of population; Capital expenditure; Debt-to-income ratio; Total direct income; Strategic plan.