Free to Bond, St. Louis Sewer District Begins Making Plans
- Rebuilding Confidence After the Turmoil. McMORRIS, FRANCES A. // On Wall Street;Jul2009, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p18
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one which lists the top 50 high yield bond funds and another by Helen Kearney about the fiduciary standard.
- Growth stock funds get top returns. Star, Marlene Givant // Pensions & Investments;8/05/96, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p21
Reports on the returns of growth stocks funds and other types of mutual funds in the United States. Equity funds ranked by one-year return for the period ended June 30, 1996; Five-year risk-adjusted return; Fixed income funds by one- and five-year return.
- Investment Selection and Open- and Closed-End Bond Fund Expenses. Marlhotra, D. K.; Martin, Rand; McLeod, Robert W. // Journal of Business & Economic Studies;Spring2003, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p42
Compares the expense ratios of open-end and closed-end bond funds. Definition of open-end bond funds; Information on closed-end mutual funds; Factors considered in the selection of a mutual fund.
- Safeco Looks to Hit Solid Singles. // High Yield Report;11/02/98, Vol. 9 Issue 42, p1
Profiles the Safeco High Yield Bond Fund in the United States. Total worth of assets under management; Emphasis on protection, coverage and the amount of leverage from the individual issuers; Names of the investment managers handling the fund.
- High yield fund performance. // High Yield Report;11/23/98, Vol. 9 Issue 45, p6
Presents a chart related to high yield bond fund performance in the United States as of November 23, 1998.
- Prudential fund wants more cash, less cable. Conrad, Lee // High Yield Report;09/27/99, Vol. 10 Issue 37, p1
Reports that Prudential High Yield Fund has increased its level of cash and has opted to decrease its level of cable-television properties.
- HIGH YIELD FUND PERFORMANCE. // High Yield Report;12/9/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 48, p12
Presents data on high yield funds from December 2001 to November 2002.
- All-weather funds. Nikolov, Christopher // Financial World;3/25/96, Vol. 165 Issue 5, p88
Looks at mutual funds that go up in both bull and bear markets in the United States. Increased value of the funds from November 1990 to December 1995; Performance of the funds during the 1987 crash; Performance of bond funds; Long-term underperformance of funds; Average annual return of bond...
- Better prices, lower yields are mixed news in bond funds. Jaffe, Charles A. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/02/98, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p22
Reports on developments related to the bond fund market in New Orleans, Louisiana, as of November 2, 1998. Tips on how to save on taxes; Efforts of some funds to ease the financial difficulties faced by their members.
- Sales of Bond Funds on the rise as investors back off from equities. Garmhausen, Stephen // American Banker;1/7/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 4, p8
Looks at the increasing interest shown by investors to bond funds in the United States. Decline in the demand for equity mutual funds; Significance of the softening sales of long-term funds.