WIN Eyes $57B for Water
- New Solutions to an Aging Problem. Kristof, Dawn // WaterWorld;Feb2001, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p47
Reports the move of Water Infrastructure Network (WIN) to look for solutions concerning drinking water infrastructure and treatment needs in the United States. Development of legislative proposal concerning water infrastructure; Estimate expenditure for the infrastructure and treatment needs;...
- Locals hope bill boosts water infrastructure. // American City & County;Nov2000, Vol. 115 Issue 15, p14
Focuses on the Water-21 legislation in the United States designed to provide water infrastructure funding. Representative planning to introduce the legislation in year 2001; Amount of gap in water infrastructure funding; Status of the U.S. water infrastructure systems according to a report by...
- House Leaders Plan Infrastructure Bill. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;09/20/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30979, p2
Reports on the plan of the leaders of the United States House Water Infrastructure Caucus to introduce legislation to increase the funding for drinking water and wastewater state revolving loan fund programs.
- LI leaders rally for project warmth. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/6/95 Supplement Annual, Vol. 42 Issue 45, p39PA
States that a gathering to launch the 1995 fundraising campaign for Project Warmth, Long Island's first fuel fund was held by business and community leaders. What Project Warmth is; Comments by Angela Koenig, Project Warmth chairperson.
- A junkfood-free White House? // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Mar93, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p3
Describes the effort of the Kids Against Junk Food (KAJF) to make Chelsea Clinton its Honorary President. Letter to Bill Clinton.
- On the front line. // National Parks;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 66 Issue 3/4, p52
Gives the address for the Park Activist Network (PAN), a team of National Parks and Conservation Association (NPCA) members who lobby federal, state and local legislators on behalf of the national parks. `The Park Watcher' newsletter; Legislative `Alerts.'
- Bipartisanship key to Superfund reform. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;3/18/96, Vol. 100 Issue 12, p22
Editorial. Discusses how political realities have come together to stall Superfund reform efforts and force a fundamentally new approach in Congress. Who would reform proposal affect owners of Superfund sites; Retroactive liability for private generators and transporters of toxic waste.
- Public health news & notes. // Public Health Reports;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 111 Issue 5, p387
Presents a photograph of the Stand for Children Rally at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C. on June 13, 1996.
- Alliance prepares to roll out proposed performance measures. Morrissey, John // Modern Healthcare;3/25/96, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p54
Reports on the actions of the Foundation of Accountability since its unveiling last fall of 1995. Establishment of a formal base of operations; Development of prototypes of its principal products, common-sense measures of healthcare performance.