Recent Publications in Canadian Labour History / Travaux r�cents en histoire des classes populaires canadiennes
- RECENT PUBLICATIONS UPON ECONOMICS. // Quarterly Journal of Economics;Aug08, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p653
A list of publications on economics is presented. Included in the list are "Introduction to the Study of Economics" third edition, by C. J. Bullock, "The Labor History of the Cripple Creek District: A Study in Industrial Evolution," by B. M. Rastall, and "The Diary of a Working Farmer: Being the...
- Theses and Dissertations. Smith, Geoff // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Summer96, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p212
This section presents a list of theses and dissertations about British and Irish labor history, including The Meaning of Public Housing: A Case Study of E. London, 1945 to the Present, by J. J. Allen.
- The Melbourne Branch. Kimber, Julie // Labour History;Nov2007, Issue 93, p253
The article reports developments in the Australian Society for the Study of Labour History (ASSLH) in Melbourne, Victoria. It is stated that other than the successful Labour History biennial conference by the society, it also published "The Time of Their Lives: the eight-hour day and working...
- SHORT NOTICES. // Bulletin -- Society for the Study of Labour History;Spring66, Issue 12, p61
Presents several publications on labor history. "Internationale Wissenschaftliche Korrespondenz Zur Geschichte Der Arbeiterbewegung," edited by Henryk Skrzypczak; "Harney and Engles," by P. Cadogan; "The Origins of the Wolverhampton Trades Council," by G. Barnsby.
- Theses and Dissertations. Smith, Geoff // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Summer1997, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p153
The article presents a list of theses and dissertations on British and Irish labor history. Some of them are: "Public Opinion, Crime and the Police in Preston," by C. Boyle, "Class, Commercialism and Community in the Origins and Development of the Northern Rugby Football Union, 1857-1910," by A....
- LABOUR HISTORY AND PUBLIC HISTORY. // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Summer2001, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p143
Focuses on labour history and public history. Efforts of the Society for the Study of Labour History to encourage an interest in labour history beyond the traditional educational institutions; Launch of the journal "Family and Community History," with the growing public interest in history; Role...
- The mobilization of labour in the milling industry of thirteenth- and early fourteenth-century... Langdon, John // Canadian Journal of History;Apr96, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p38
Investigates opportunities for labor in the milling industry of 13th and early 14th-century England. Construction, operation and maintenance of water-mills and windmills; Power of industries in drawing workforces.
- EDITORIAL. Balnave, Nikola; Brigden, Cathy; Patmore, Greg; Taksa, Lucy // Labour History;May2011, Issue 100, preceding p1
An introduction to the issue is presented that discusses Australian labour history, industrial labour in Australia and labour and politics in Australia.
- THIS WEEK IN. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;2/16/2012, Vol. 75 Issue 29, p8
A timeline is presented of events during the month of February related to the labor history in the U.S.