- HARD BALL. Rojas, Aurelio // Hispanic;Apr2006, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p52
The article focuses on issues arising from the decision of Hispanic U.S. baseball team owner Arturo Moreno to change the name of his baseball team from the Anaheim Angels to the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Moreno argued that the name change would expand the team's marketing reach and...
- The Major League Player. Gregory, Sean // Time;8/22/2005, Vol. 166 Issue 8, p48
Focuses on the work of billionaire Arturo (Arte) Moreno, a fourth-generation Mexican American who is the first Latino team owner in major U.S. sports. Review of how Moreno purchased the Major League Baseball's Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim from Walt Disney Co.; Changes made to the organization...
- WesCom Says It Has Hit In Tie-In With MLB's Angels. Bartlett, Michael // Credit Union Journal;6/6/2005, Vol. 9 Issue 22, p8
The article reports that WesCom Credit Union has hit in tie-in with MLB's Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. When die many red-clad fans of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim left Angels Stadium on May 25, they had Wescom Credit Unions name on their backs. After decades of mediocrity, the Angels won...
- TV rights cover financial bases. Ventre, Michael // Variety;4/2/2012, Vol. 426 Issue 8, p8
The article discusses baseball player Albert Pujol's contract with the baseball team the Angels, the sale of the baseball team the Dodgers to financial services company Guggenheim Partners, and the role of Latino fans in the television broadcasting of Los Angeles, California baseball.
- Hideki Matsui. Labrecque, Ellen // Scholastic Action;5/10/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p4
The article profiles Hideki Matsui, a World Series Most Valuable Player (MVP) who recently transferred from the New York Yankees to the Los Angeles Angels baseball team.
- Moneyball. // Orange County Business Journal;5/14/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p6
An interview with Dennis Kuhl, president of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, California, is presented. When asked to give a rundown of the business side of the team, he claims they have developed new advertisers and incorporated one into establishing two restaurants in the stadium. He says...
- Angels Ready for Top of Order. Casacchia, Chris // Orange County Business Journal;12/19/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 51, p1
The article announces that the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim football team is in prime position to rule at the baseball landscape in Southern California given its lineup of players and an increase in cable television (TV) revenue.
- Editor's Notebook: Moreno Gets His Wings. Sullivan, Jerry // Orange County Business Journal;12/19/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 51, p39
The author discusses the initiatives of entrepreneur Arte Moreno to improve the performance of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim baseball team in California as he wanted the city's part of the name to be noticed.
- The Angels' Lost Halo--and How To Find It. GLUECK, MICHAEL ARNOLD // Orange County Business Journal;6/7/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 23, p39
In this article, the author presents his views about the performance of the baseball team Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.