Obama Has to Be World Sheriff
- The European Union's role in the maintenance of international peace and security in the 21st century. Telatar, GGökhan // South East Europe Review (SEER);2015, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p13
Foreign policy and security have been significant issues for the European Union since its foundation, and the EU's role in the maintenance of international peace and security has been discussed intensively. This article explores the international role and approach of the EU in this area in the...
- SWITZERLAND STRUGGLES TO REMAIN FREE AND AT PEACE. FEHR, JOSEPH CONRAD // America;6/21/1941, Vol. 65 Issue 11, p285
The article examines Switzerland's stand to remain at peace and free as a neutral country in the middle of the war. Considered as the world's oldest living democracy, the country's economy has been affected by the war. Nazi-Fascist movement have deployed war propaganda to establish motives for...
- The Iraq Dossier and the Meaning of Spin. Humphreys, James // Parliamentary Affairs;Jan2005, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p156
The Iraq dossier was one of the least hyped and least spun documents to emerge from government in recent years, yet allegations that it was 'sexed up' in a bid to deceive the country into supporting the war remain widely accepted despite the Hutton Inquiry. In part, this is because...
- The Next Peace Conference. MARKOE, WILLIAM F. // America;2/4/1922, Vol. 26 Issue 16, p367
The author reflects on several peace conferences held before February 1922. He questions the use of an assembly which is called to consider moral problems but is dominated by allegedly self-seeking politicians and diplomats. He also discusses the implications of what happened behind the scenes...
- Why the United States Needs A Strong, Peaceful Islam. Vradenburg, George // Tikkun;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p6
Discusses the need for the U.S. to consider a strategy which will resolve global conflicts through the promotion of economic, cultural and political centers of power in the Islamic states of the Middle East. Leadership dominance of the U.S.; Reason for the need to pursue peaceful approach to...
- FOREIGN RELATIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Iceland;May2004, p6
Provides information on the foreign relations of Iceland. Establishment of missions overseas; Contributions to the maintenance of international peace and security; Membership in international organizations.
- An Opportunity for Bush, Sharon and Abu Mazen. Beilin, Yossi // Palestine-Israel Journal of Politics, Economics & Culture;2004/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 3/4, p155
Comments on the relations among the United States, Israel and Palestine. Security concerns; Negotiation of cease-fire with the Islamic group; Peace process.
- Headlines Over the Horizon. // Future Survey;Dec2003, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p6
Presents an abstract of the article "Headlines Over the Horizon," which discussed issues on international security and appeared in the July-August 2003 issue of "The Atlantic Monthly."
- International Security. // New Republic;3/10/17, Vol. 10 Issue 123, p17
Presents information on issues related to the implementation of peace and international security. Discussion on the terms of peace in the British and German press; View that the security of Germany or France depends in the future upon the emasculation of their enemies; Information that France...