ADB and Pakistan
- Pakistan ranked least efficient state in ADB index. // Technology Times;9/15/2014, Vol. 5 Issue 37, p1
The article reports on Pakistan which was ranked 23rd among the 24 Asian economies in measuring efficiency in conversion of inputs to outputs according to Asian Development Bank (ADB) creative productivity index.
- News. // International Construction;Apr98, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p10
Reports on the Asian Development Bank's approval of a loan and investment package for the construction of a power plant in Fujian, China.
- Pakistan growth strong but problematic. // Market: Asia Pacific;May2007, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p6
The article focuses on the economy of Pakistan. The Asian Development Bank released the report "The Asian Development Outlook 2007," which included an assessment of Pakistan's economic prospects for 2007. The report said that Pakistan was likely to maintain strong macroeconomic growth but it...
- Growth, Inflation and Deficit Worries. Mangi, Naween A. // Economic Review (05318955);Oct2005, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p8
The article presents an opinion on the Asian Development Bank's update on Pakistan's economy. It forecasted a sustained economic growth due to improved fundamentals, rising investment and growing development spending but also raised some important economic concerns such as the impact on...
- News Flash. // Economic Review (05318955);Jun/Jul2008, Vol. 39 Issue 6/7, p62
The article offers news briefs related to the economy of Pakistan. The National Economic Council is going to approve the 20 per cent increase in employees' salaries. The Asian Development Bank awards US $75 million loan for water availability during the second phase of Kharif Fy09 harvest. Iran...
- ADB supports transmission development. // Modern Power Systems;Nov97, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p9
Reports that the Asian Development Bank (ADB) has supported the development of electric transmission systems in the Philippines with a loan of $200 million.
- Current Account In Deficit. // Asia Monitor: South Asia Monitor;Jan2006, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p5
The article focuses on the economic outlook of Pakistan. Record high oil prices and sharply rising imports caused its trade deficit to widen to US $6.2 billion from US $3.3 billion a year earlier. Robust economic growth, strong domestic demand and higher oil prices pushed imports 32.3 per cent...
- The IMF and Pakistan's economy. Ali, Muhammad Imtiaz // Economic Review (05318955);Sep96, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p11
Comments on the refusal by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) to release the third tranche of the $600 million standby agreement to Pakistan and its demand for a new comprehensive agreement. IMF's reservation of the government's reform package; Effects of IMF's conditionalities; Need for the...
- Various Facilities/ Arrangements with the IMF in Retrospect. Ali, Muhammad Imtiaz // Economic Review (05318955);Oct2000, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p31
Examines some of Pakistan's financing deals made with the International Monetary Fund (IMF). Economy's dependence on multilateral and bilateral financing to meets its balance of payment deficit; Information on programs such as Enhanced Structural Adjustment Facility and Extended Fund Facility;...