After Its Near Escape, ACA Plans Layoffs in a Bid to Trim Expenses
- ACA promotes execs, acts to strengthen midwest presence. Heaton, Kenneth; Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/14/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30747, p29
Reports that bond insurer ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. announced several high-level promotions, as well as the establishment of a regional office to expand the firm's Midwest presence. Details regarding the reorganization initiative carried out by the company; ACA's implementation of other...
- Troubled guarantor loses its longtime chair, revamps staff. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;02/26/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 8, p9
Highlights rumors concerning the alleged removal of H. Russell Fraser from his position of chairman of ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. Possible revamping of workforce; Near downgrading of the guarantor to junk status.
- Troubled guarantor loses its longtime chair, revamps staff. O'Leary, Christopher // Asset Securitization Report;3/5/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p2
Reports the business reorganization of ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. Termination of H. Russell Fraser from the post of chief executive officer; Factors contributing to the revamping of the company's workforce; Emphasis on mortgage-backed and asset-backed securities.
- ACA Holdings Doubles Its First-Quarter Net Income. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;5/22/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31641, p6
American Capital Access Holdings Inc. (ACAH), the parent of the New York bond insurer ACA Financial Guaranty Corp., on reported a net income of 2.6 million dollar on May 15, 2003 for the first quarter, more than double the 1.2 million dollar reported for the same period during 2002. Municipal...
- Amid Executive Shake-Ups, ACA Announces 65% Earnings Increase. Chang, Helen; Briggs, Amanda // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p1
Reports on bond insurer ACA Financial Guaranty Corp.'s posting of higher earnings for the first quarter of 2004 amid key executive changes, including the resignation of chief executive officer Michael Satz. ACA's actual and forecasted earnings; Net income for the period; Satz's reasons for...
- Correction. // Bond Buyer;10/13/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33198, p2
A correction to the article regarding the ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. that was published in the previous issue is presented.
- ACA Asks Florida Bridge Agency's Bondholders to Help Avoid Default. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;9/21/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33386, p6
The article reports that ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. urged the Santa Rosa Bay Bridge Authority to help its bondholders avoid payment default in Bradenton, Florida.
- ACA Conference Call to Address S&P Action. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;01/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31051, p5
Reports on ACA Financial Guaranty Corp.'s plans to hold a conference on January 5, 2001, to address Standard & Poor's decision to place the insurance firm on CreditWatch because the bond insurer failed to raise additional capital.
- ACA to Investors: Agreements Keeping Capitalization Program on Track. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;07/12/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30930, p5
Reports the progress of the capitalization program of ACA Financial Guaranty Corp in the United States. Negotiation with ACE American Insurance Co. for an excess-of-loss reinsurance soft-capital facility; Schedule for the completion of the program; Utilization of generally accepted accounting...