Laura Unger Named Acting Chair of SEC
- HUNT FOR LIQUIDITY TOPS AGENDA IN U.S. // Securities Industry News;1/7/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p9
Presents an interview with Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Commissioner Laura Unger on securities issues in the United States. Efforts of SEC in helping the market after the September 2001 terrorism; Role of technology in making execution functions; Changes in SEC leadership.
- SEC nominees lauded at Senate hearing. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;10/01/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30242, p6
Reports that Senate Banking Committee members had heaped praise on Paul Carey and Laura Unger, President Bill Clinton's nominees to become commissioners of the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC), at a hearing held September 30, 1997. Indication that the Banking Committee will approve the...
- Senate panel approves nominees to SEC posts. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;10/09/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30248, p4
Reports on US Senate Banking Committee's approval of Laura S. Unger and Paul R. Carey to serve as commissioners of the five-member Securities and Exchange Commission. Career background; Committee chairman Alfonse D'Amato's endorsement of the two nominees.
- SEC Board Member Unger to Resign. Heller, Michele // American Banker;10/10/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 194, p16
Reports that United States Securities and Exchange Commissioner Laura Unger plans to resign from the agency to work in the private sector.
- Unger's Departure Strains the SEC. Bresiger, Gregory // Traders Magazine;Nov2001, Vol. 14 Issue 189, p12
Reports on the resignation of Laura Unger from the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Her contributions to the agency; Professional background; Selection of Denise Voigt Crawford to fill a vacant position at the SEC.
- SEC. Steel, Michael // National Journal;6/23/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 25, p2047
Presents information on the officials and employees of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. Harvey Pitt, chairman; Laura Unger, commissioner; Isaac Hunt Jr., commissioner.
- Peg Henry Joins Municipal Securities Office. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;06/04/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31152, p4
Reports that Margaret C. Henry has joined the United States Securities & Exchange Commission's Office of Municipal Securities as an attorney-fellow for two years. Background on her experience in the municipal bond market; Career background; Educational background.
- Senate panel hearings set for SEC nominees. // Bond Buyer;09/25/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30238, p4
Reports that the US Senate Banking Committee will hold a hearing on the nominations of Paul R. Carey and Laura S. Unger to serve as commissioners on the Securities and Exchange Commission. Career histories.
- Street Cop. // New Yorker;11/11/2013, Vol. 89 Issue 36, p44
The article presents a biography of Mary Jo White, chair of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in 2013. Details are given outlining White's educational background, personality and lifelong career in law and public service. Particular attention is given to her 35 years of work with the...