Tax-Credit Bond Bills for Schools in Works
- Bill Would Allow $400M a Year in School Bonds. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;3/20/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32342, p5
The article reports on the introduction of a bill that would allow U.S. school districts to issue as much as $400 million tax-credit bonds to finance the construction of new classrooms. The Expand and Rebuild America's Schools Act of 2006 was introduced by Representative Loretta Sanchez. bill...
- LORETTA LYDIA SANCHEZ. Reiff, Rick // Orange County Business Journal;5/2/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p47
Profiles Loretta Lydia Sanchez, representative for the 47th District of California and listed as one of the most influential executives in Orange County, California, in 2005. Career history; Career achievements; Academic background; Personal information; Leadership qualities.
- Sanchez to business: I'm one of you. Brennan // Orange County Business Journal;08/16/99, Vol. 22 Issue 33, p3
Profiles Orange County, California's Democrat congresswoman Loretta Sanchez. Education; Business experience; Voting percentage for the initiatives backed by the United States Chamber of Commerce; Business-related issues voted in favor of; Interest in technology.
- Sanchez cinches it! Lopez, Lalo // Hispanic;Jan/Feb1997, Vol. 10 Issue 1/2, p24
Profiles Loretta Sanchez, Hispanic congresswoman from Orange County, California. Margin of victory over Robert Dornan in the 1996 elections; Shifting from the Republican Party to the Democratic Party; Democratic stance on issues.
- Sanchez sponsors Credit Union bill. // Orange County Business Journal;06/02/97, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p4
Reports that Representative Loretta Sanchez signed as a co-sponsor of HR 1151, a Credit Union bill designed to counteract a federal appellate court ruling in California. Involvement of the banking industry; Concerns regarding limitations of the Credit Union Act.
- WOMEN WITH WINNING SPIRITS HIGHLIGHT: LORETTA SANCHEZ. Katz, Mia // Women in Business;May/Jun2003, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p8
Features American Business Women's Association member and California Congresswoman Loretta Sanchez who was named to the House Select Committee on Homeland Security. Information on the Homeland Security Block Grant Act of 2003 introduced by Loretta; Federal funds under the legislation.
- 10 QUESTIONS FOR THE SANCHEZ SISTERS. // Time;12/23/2002, Vol. 160 Issue 26, p8
Presents an interview with Loretta Sanchez, Representative of Orange County, California, and her sister Linda, a Representative for Los Angeles County, California. Their plans to move into an apartment in Washington, D.C.; Response as to which of the two is more likely to vote with the...
- FUTURE SEATMATES TRADE BARBS BEFORE STATE OF THE UNION. Kurtz, Judy // Hill;1/19/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p20
The article reports that U.S. Representatives Loretta Sanchez and Michael Grimm are contending to be the congressional version of the classic comedic pair of Burns and Allen.
- LORETTA LYDIA SANCHEZ. Reiff, Rick // Orange County Business Journal;4/30/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 18, p59
The article profiles Loretta Lydia Sanchez, the highest ranking Democrat at the House of Representatives in Orange County, California. She was born on January 7, 1960 in Lynwood. Sanchez sits on House Homeland Security Committee and chairs the Subcommittee on Border, Maritime, Global...