Miami-Dade County, City Officials Still Negotiating Stadium Plan Financing
- New Ballpark Needs Muni Financing, Florida Marlins Say. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;04/12/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30869, p7
Focuses on the municipal bond financing needed for the ballpark of the Florida Marlins. Political and resident opposition to new taxes for the project; Details of the construction of the ballpark.
- Miami-Area Officials Hold Hearings To Advance Marlins Ballpark Plan. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/13/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33061, p32
The article reports on the separate meetings held by Miami and Miami-Dade County officials to act on financing and construction agreements to advance the quest of Florida Marlins to build a $515 million bond-financed ballpark in Florida. A public hearing on the issue of building a facility for a...
- The Squeeze Play Is On. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/5/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33075, p9
The article reports on the possible removal of Florida Marlin's endeavor to build a bond-financed ballpark as new demands are being sought in the building contracts. These demands guided Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Alvarez to ask the further consideration of the contracts by the county be...
- FLORIDA. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/11/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32959, p9
The article offers news briefs in Florida. Major League Baseball's Florida Marlins inched closer to a home of their own when Judge Jeri Cohen ruled that the proposed new ballpark serves a paramount public purpose. The state Municipal Power Agency is scheduled to close on its sale of $584 million...
- What's in a Name? In Miami's Case, an Indication the Stadium Is Terrible. Whitley, David // Sporting News;9/26/2011, Vol. 235 Issue 22, p63
The article comments on the demise of the stadium in Miami, Florida in which Major League Baseball's Florida Marlins played. In the author's view the facility, which was a multi-purpose stadium that has had several names including Joe Robbie Stadium, offered poor sight lines and seat angles. He...
- New Marlins Stadium Still Mired In Controversy Over Financing. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/13/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31201, p3
Reports that the Miami City Commission will continue studying a new location for a proposed baseball stadium for the Florida Marlins. Price of the stadium; Bonds that will be issued to finance the stadium.
- FLORIDA: Panel: Use GOs for Stadium. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/18/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32736, p9
No abstract available.
- Florida Stadium Deal Focuses on Public Site, TIFs. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/10/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32545, p6
The article reports that negotiators who are planning to build the Florida Marlins baseball stadium are focusing on a publicly owned land in Miami. Officials of Miami and Miami-Dade County and Major League Baseball president Bob Dupuy are trying to seal the deal and making the project eligible...
- Firespray supplies systems for Florida stadium. // Snips;Jun2011, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p26
The article reports that the Florida Marlins of Major League Baseball will have a new home in Miami, Florida when they begin their 2012 season. Firespray International announced that it has installed fire-rated ductwork at the new stadium. The article adds that more than 100,000 square feet of...