Cutting Staff, Not Service
- First Union a Step Closer to a More Streamlined Public Finance Division. Carpenter-Kasprzaak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;10/04/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30989, p4
Reports on First Union Securities Inc.'s formation of its public sector group. Coordination of the operations of the streamlined public finance operations; Management of new municipal bond issues.
- What's In a Name? Mandell, Nancy R. // On Wall Street;Jul2002, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p53
Features Chris Davis, a stockbroker from First Union Securities Inc. as of July 2002. Changes in the name of the company; Information on his performance in the securities industry.
- THE TRADING FLOOR. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;02/20/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31080, p40
Announces the resignation of Thomas Meagher as public finance banker for First Union Securities Inc. in Chicago, Illinois. First Union Securities' confirmation of plans to replace Meagher as well as of its commitment to the public finance side of its business; Departure of Christine Pretto as...
- First Union Settles in N.J. Case. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;06/16/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30914, p1
Reports that First Union Securities Inc. has agreed to settle National Association of Securities Dealers' (NASD) charges against Wheat First Securities Inc., a company acquired by First Union in 1998. Wheat First' failure to accurately record payments it made to Armacon Securities Inc. in...
- 1st Union, Others Settle Yield-Burn Charges. // American Banker;11/2/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 211, p2
Reports on the agreement between First Union Securities Inc. and three others to pay $14.7 million to settle federal yield-burning charges stemming from their business in the municipal securities market in the United States. Definition of yield-burning.
- Las Vegas securities brokers. // Las Vegas Business Press;01/30/2000 Book of Lists 2000, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p102
Ranks securities brokers in Las Vegas, Nevada, according to number of local licensed brokers, as of October 1999. Includes Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.; First Union Securities; America's Financial Inc.
- First Union Opens Doors to N.Y.C. Corporate Trust Office. // Bond Buyer;12/04/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31029, p7
Reports the opening of a corporate trust department office of the First Union Securities Inc. New York, New York. Location of offices owned by the corporate trust group; Staff of the corporate trust office; Celebration over the office opening; Business strategy of the firm.
- First Union now Wachovia. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;7/15/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 14, p9
Reports on the business operation of First Union Securities Inc. in New York.
- First Union starts a new branding campaign for equities platform. Santini, Laura // Investment Dealers' Digest;06/19/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 25, p10
Reports on the branding campaign of First Union Securities. Establishment of name recognition; Increased investment spending in capital markets; Pursuit of the middle market since acquiring Wheat First Butcher Singer Inc. in 1998 and Everen Securities in 1999; Managers' tour of various cities...