Siemens Moves Ahead In Handset Race
- High-fliers Take A Dip. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;10/16/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 42, p3
Deals with the projected decline of the global sales of handset wireless communication systems in 2000. Impact of the projected decline on Motorola; Effect of the projected decline on the shares of Nokia and Ericsson; Reasons for the projected decline cited by Motorola executives.
- Strange bedfellows. Bischoff, Glenn // Telephony;05/07/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 19, p32
Reports on the Wireless Village initiative, joint venture among Nokia, Ericsson and Motorola. Goals of the initiative; Basis for its standards and procedures; Statistical information on the growth rate for handset sales during the first quarter of 2001.
- Infrastructure Awards. // RCR Wireless News;3/8/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p22
Presents a list of contracts awarded to several international wireless telecommunication companies in February 2004. Ericsson; Motorola; Nokia; Siemens.
- Infrastructure Awards. // RCR Wireless News;6/6/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p42
Provides information on infrastructure contracts awarded by several wireless companies in 2005. Alcatel; Ericsson; Motorola; Nokia; Siemens.
- Network business outperforms handset units in recent
quarter. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;11/22/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p1
Reports on the sales and income generated by several wireless communications companies from their network equipment and cellular telephone businesses in the U.S. in the third quarter of 2004. Motorola; Nokia Corp.; Sony Ericsson; Siemens AG.
- Wireless Industry Gets Ready For Q4 Season. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/20/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p29
Provides an update on issues in the wireless industry as of September 2003. Move of wireless carriers and handset suppliers to launch a mix of fashion, entertainment and business-oriented phones; Features of a cellular phone from Samsung Electronics; Decision of Motorola to unveil its...
- Infrastructure Awards. // RCR Wireless News;2/14/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p30
Presents information on mobile infrastructure contracts of wireless communication companies announced in January 2005. Ericsson; Motorola; Nokia; Samsung.
- Future Phone. Beach, Tarre // Wireless Review;07/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p42
Looks at handset personalization technologies available in the wireless communications market in the United States. Applications of Motorola's VoxML, a voice interface that allows access to the Web; Features of Nokia's 7100 series Wireless Application Protocol (WAP)-compatible phones; Personal...
- Market share mayhem. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;7/26/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 30, p10
Discusses problems faced by wireless communications companies in the U.S. Outcome of the miscalculation of the demand for paging devices by Motorola; Factor affecting the handset sales of Nokia; Status of the deal between Sony and Ericsson as of July 2004.