National Wireless Carriers Chugging Along
- WIRELESS: A Bright Spot in the '08 Economy. Panzer, Justin // Wireless Design & Development;Apr2008, Vol. 16 Issue 4, preceding p6
The author reflects upon the growth of the U.S. wireless industry. He comments that despite the retrenchment in many sectors of the economy, the wireless industry will be facing a good year due to development of new features and services. He believes that the increase in demand for wireless...
- Wireless Metrics. // RCR Wireless News;9/13/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 37, p42
Presents an update on the market performance of the wireless communication sector. Increase in data service revenues in Brazil in the first quarter of 2004; Number of African mobile subscribers in the second quarter of 2004 according to EMC Market Data.
- Indian aspirers -- the next big number. Mitra, Biswadip // Siliconindia;Sep2007, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p46
The article describes the Indian consumers in the electronics context. According to the author, these consumes are the one that are driving the trend toward the feature-rich electronic equipment and value-added services, such mobile phones, televisions and cinemas. He remarks that the Indian...
- Altschul says numbering crisis resolved. // RCR Wireless News;5/27/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 21, p11
Reports on the resolution for the numbering crisis in the wireless communications industry. Factor contributing to the crisis; Details of the forum of the Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Association on wireless number portability.
- Centennial loses domestic customers, but posts profit. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;4/11/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p14
Reports on the profits posted by regional wireless operator Centennial Communications Corp. despite its loss of domestic wireless customers during its third fiscal quarter of 2005 ending February 28. Reason behind the company's increase in revenues according to the management of Centennial;...
- MMS: good revenues, shame about the user experience. // Telecom Asia;Feb2005, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p6
The article reports that Multi-Media Message (MMS) is generating good revenues, however, consumers are not satisfied with services. MMS is expected to generate $42.5 billion for mobile operators this year--more than double the figure for 2004. In several markets, problems of compatibility and...
- TracFone scores 215,000 customers during third quarter. // RCR Wireless News;10/30/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p25
The article reports on the revenue and number of customers reported by prepaid wireless provider TracFone Wireless Inc. in the third quarter of 2006. It posted third-quarter revenues of $330 million, a 36-percent increase over its year-ago figure of $243 million. TracFone has landed a total of...
- Rallying behind Section 243. // Caribbean Business;9/8/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 35, p20
The author reflects on the move of the local government in Puerto Rico to rally behind the Section 243 of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code. He mentions that it is branded as a solution to the region's deep economic-development crisis and a major contributor to the U.S. recovery. He states that it...
- Downturn Has Its Upsides, Too. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 34, p21
Discusses the positive effects of economic downturn on businesses. Most positive aspect of the downturn; Definition of poor business model; How some wireless companies have used the downturn.