Secondary Spectrum Market Stirs Debate
- Cingular, AT&T Will Split Costs. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;2/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p1
Focuses on the agreement between Cingular Wireless and AT&T Wireless to share the cost of building out global system for mobile communication/general packet radio service (GSM/GPRS) coverage along interstate highways in nine states in the U.S. Terms of the agreement; Expectations from the joint...
- Network Sharing Could Hurt Small Carriers. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;2/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p42
Focuses on the possible impact of the network sharing agreements of AT&T Wireless and Cingular Wireless on the stocks of Western Wireless Corp. and Leap Wireless International Inc.
- One network, two GSM players. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;2/4/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the joint venture forged by AT&T Wireless Services Inc. and Cingular Wireless. Aims of the joint venture; Reason of the companies for forging a joint venture.
- Carriers Reassure Rural Landscape Will Experience Minimal Erosion. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;3/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p10
Reports on the network-sharing joint venture between AT&T Wireless and Cingular Wireless. Terms of the deal; Response of rural carriers Western Wireless and Rural Cellular to the deal.
- Build loyalty, keep a customer. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;7/23/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p14
Focuses on the strategies implemented by wireless communications operators to build customer loyalty. Examples of a carrier focus on subscriber loyalty; How carriers can retain lost customers; Overview of the strategies implemented by AT&T Wireless.
- MERGER, SHE WROTE. Ankeny, Jason // Telephony;4/22/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 16, p23
Comments on the rumored merger of AT&T Wireless and Cingular which did not materialize. Effect of the speculation on both companies' stocks; Implications of the publicity.
- The Sensible Road To 3G. Clift, W. E. // Wireless Week;1/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p4
Reports that the time division multiple access network operators Cingular Wireless Inc. and AT&T Wireless Inc. are both evolving their systems toward UMTS through a strategy based on global satellite for mobile communication. First step in the strategy; View of Cingular on the technology...
- Western Snags Roaming Pact With AT&T. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;4/8/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 14, p12
Reports on the decision of Western Wireless to extend its roaming agreement with AT&T Wireless, as of April 2002. Impact of the extension on Cingular Wireless-AT&T joint venture; Terms under the extended deal; Effect of the move on Western's shares.
- High-Speed Networks Cruise Into Enterprises. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;12/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 25, p20
Focuses on the high-speed data transmission systems introduced by wireless carriers in the United States. EDGE technology released by AT&T Wireless and Cingular Wireless; Business potential of the wireless data rate in the enterprise market; Compatibility of the Nokia 6200 with the EDGE network.