Leap Makes Jump In Both Subscribers And Net Loss
- Leap Searches for New Cricket Faces. // Wireless Week;5/15/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p38
Reports on the search being conducted by Leap Wireless International for real live customers to star in its local advertisements. Prices given to customers who are chosen as finalist for the advertisement; Number of Leap's markets in the U.S.; Challenges faced by the carrier in the market.
- Leap Issues Warning. // Wireless Week;11/18/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 41, p4
Reports on the profit warning of Leap Wireless International for the third quarter of 2002. Net loss for the period; Comparison with year earlier results; Factor that could lead to the declaration of a bankruptcy.
- Leap hopes bankruptcy brings viability. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;4/21/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p7
Reports on the Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection filed by Leap Wireless International Inc. in the U.S. in April 2003. Total amount of the company's debt; Increase in the net losses of Leap in 2002; Business plan of the company to operate profitability.
- Leap reports smaller net loss, customer additions drop. // RCR Wireless News;11/18/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 46, p16
Reports on the revenues posted by Leap Wireless International Inc. for the third quarter of 2002. Drop in the net losses of the company for 2002 compared to 2001; Reason for the decrease in customer additions by the company; Initiatives introduced to drive down customer churn and increase revenues.
- Leap's jump hampered by wider economic woes. Hill, Kelly // RCR Wireless News;12/17/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 47, p7
The article reports on the 2007 third quarter subscriber numbers and turnover rate of Leap Wireless International Inc. The company said that the number of its customers for the quarter, which were only 2.7 million, was impacted by changes in consumer buying patterns due to wider economic...
- Leap says one-fourth of customers cut cord. // RCR Wireless News;7/1/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p4
Reports on the percentage of the wireless customers of Leap Wireless International Inc. that do not have a traditional wireline phone at home, according the public opinion poll of the company. Respondents of the survey.
- Leap rolls dice on L.V., tweaks plans. // RCR Wireless News;5/19/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p4
The article reports that Leap Wireless International Inc. has launched its Cricket service in Las Vegas, Nevada. It states that the service is based on the company's advanced wireless services spectrum that covers approximately 1,500 square miles and around 2 million potential customers. It...
- Leap's loss widens, new launches pay off. Winter, Allie // RCR Wireless News;11/10/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 36, p17
The article reports that Leap Wireless International Inc. lost nearly $50 million during the third quarter of 2008. The company reported a net loss of $48.8 million, which it attributed to its new initiatives. However, the company says that it is planning to expand during 2009-2010. According to...
- Leap posts first income since exiting bankruptcy. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;6/20/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p9
Reports on the increase in income posted by Leap Wireless International Inc. for the first quarter of 2005 after its bankruptcy. Reason behind the delayed release of the report on the financial performance of the company for the quarter; Causes of the year-over-year shortfall of the company;...