Orange Floats Stock On A Stormy Sea
- FT mulls its options. Grainge, Zoe // Utility Week;9/20/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p11
Reports on the effort of France Telecom to develop a recovery strategy to solve its financial problems in 2002. Decline in shares of the company in Paris, France; Effort of French government to seek parliamentary approval to stump up the money it would need to buy its share of rights issue;...
- When IPOs Go Bad. Wickham, Rhonda L. // Wireless Review;03/01/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p7
Comments on the failure of the initial public offering (IPO) of Orange, the wireless communications unit of France Telecom. Investment results of the IPO; Factors contributing to the dismal results of the IPO; How wireless carriers in the United States can avoid experiencing the failure of...
- Why the future is not so bright for Orange shares. Pitcher, George // Marketing Week;2/1/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 52, p27
Reports on France Telecom's planned public offering for its mobile phone subsidiary Orange as of February 1, 2001. Details of the planned public offering deal; Company background; Problems faced by the mobile phone company.
- Orange IPO pushed back in early 2001. // RCR Wireless News;10/23/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 43, p62
Reports on the delay in the initial public offerings of France Telecom and Orange until early 2001.
- News Headlines -- Mobiles. // MarketWatch: Telecoms;April 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p20
Reports developments in the telecommunication industry as of April 2003. Appointment of Solomon Trujillo as CEO of Orange; Details on the initial public offering of Telus Corp. for its high growth wireless operation; Plan of the MobilCom AG to file a bankruptcy due to the collapse in value of...
- Fit To Be Thai-ed: Snook Leaves Orange. Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;12/11/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 49, p24
Reports the stock flotation of Orange company in England as of December 2000. Details on the resignation of its chief executive officer Hans Snook; Impact of the flotation to its profit.
- Image boosting. Wendelken, Sandra // RCR Wireless News;5/13/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p12
Comments on the decline in the stock prices of the wireless industry. Decline in the stocks of Vodafone Group; Prices of the stocks of mm02 and Orange; Factors that influence the decline in the stock prices of Vodafone.
- Late News. // RCR Wireless News;4/12/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p1
Presents news briefs on several wireless companies in the U.S., as of April 2004. Purpose of the partnership between Wavecom SA and Orange; Information on the closed sale of common stock planned by Motient Corp.
- France Telecom to buy all of Orange. // RCR Wireless News;9/8/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 36, p15
Reports on the plan of France Telecom to buy the remaining stake in mobile subsidiary Orange that it does not already own as of September 8, 2003. Significance of the move; Growth in the revenue of Orange for the first-half of 2003; Plan of France Telecom with Orange's cash flow.