Beltway Plays Musical Chairs
- New FCC gets ready for business. Hirschman, Carolyn // Telephony;11/03/97, Vol. 233 Issue 18, p10
Reports on US Senate's confirmation of a chairman and three other members of the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Includes William E. Kennard and Harold Furchtgott-Roth.
- Who may be who at the FCC? // Broadcasting & Cable;3/7/94, Vol. 124 Issue 10, p16
Focuses on the candidates to fill vacant positions in the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Confirmation of President Bill Clinton's intention to nominate Rachelle Chong to the Republican FCC seat; Susan Ness as candidate to fill the Democratic FCC seat; Career backgrounds of the candidates.
- Untitled. McAvoy, Kim // Broadcasting & Cable;3/7/94, Vol. 124 Issue 10, p58
Reports on management changes in the Federal Communications Commission. Judith L. Harris as director of the Office of Legislative Affairs; Mary Beth Richards as deputy bureau chief and special counsel to the Commission for Reinventing Government; Donald Gips as the deputy chief of the Office of...
- Broad issues dominate FCC search. Rodger, Will // Inter@ctive Week;3/10/97, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p51
Reports on the search for commissioners for the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) as of March 1997. FCC rules of nomination; Opposition of Andrew Barrett on Reed Hundt; Nominees for the position.
- Four new commissioners join FCC; Kennard is chairman. // Mobile Radio Technology;Feb98, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p56
Reports on the appointment of four commissioners to the US Federal Communications Commission. Names of the new commissioners; Title of position; Commission terms.
- Years around the FCC emphasizes you can't predict the future. Goldman, Lewis H. // RCR;09/08/97, Vol. 16 Issue 36, p60
Recounts the experience of the author's who was an attorney at the Federal Communication Commission.
- FCC may see 5 new faces. Mundy, Alicia // MediaWeek;07/07/97, Vol. 7 Issue 27, p2
Looks at possible commissioner changes in the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in 1997. Possible nomination of William Kennard to replace James Quello and Michael Powell and Harold Furchgott-Roth to replace Rachelle Chong and Andrew Barrett; Possible nomination of Ralph Everett for...
- Kennard takes reins. Halonen, Doug // Electronic Media;11/03/97, Vol. 16 Issue 45, p2
Presents information on the additional Commissioners of the Federal Communications Commission, while focusing on the informal swearing of these Commissioners. Identification of the Commissioners; Comments by Senator Robert Torricelli.
- What's ahead for new FCC. // Electronic Media;11/03/97, Vol. 16 Issue 45, p10
Opinion. Focuses on the appointment of four Commissioners to the Federal Communication Commission. Identification of the Commissioners; Reference to the Telecommunications Act of 1996.