FCC Starts New Chapter
- Powell up for FCC post. // Telephony;02/03/97, Vol. 232 Issue 5, p88
Reports on Senator John McCain's endorsement of Michael Powell for the Republican vacancy position at the US Federal Communications Commission.
- Changing of the guard. Hirschman, Carolyn // Telephony;02/12/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 7, p40
Cites the plan of United States Federal Communications Commission Chairman Michael K. Powell to revamp the agency. Structure of the agency; Indications of the need for restructuring; His views of open access communication.
- Michael Powell: A general impression. McConnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;03/03/97, Vol. 127 Issue 9, p12
Features on the impressions on Michael Powell, a contender for US Federal Communications Commissioner Rachelle Chong's seat. Remarks from Senate Majority Trent Lott; Speculations and concerns on Powell's political philosophies; Education background.
- White House gets FCC hopeful list. // Telephony;04/21/97, Vol. 232 Issue 16, p110
Reports on Republican congressional leaders' request for Michael Powell, chief economist for the House Commerce Committee, to fill GOP vacancies on the Federal Communications Commission.
- A free speech alarm. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;06/01/98, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p19
States that commissioner of the United States Federal Communications Commission Michael Powell, criticized broadcasters for their failure to stand up for their First Amendment rights. Views that broadcasters trade their rights for money; Comments made by Powell.
- Senators backing Powell for FCC. McConnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;04/14/97, Vol. 127 Issue 16, p12
Reports on the support extended by Republican Senators for the nomination of Michael Powell as the next commissioner at the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Seat vacated by former FCC commissioner Andrew Barett; Campaign of Rachelle Chong for re-appointment; Processes involved in the...
- Powell: Six Months And Counting. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;8/6/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 32, p8
Profiles FCC Chairman Micheal Powell. Career background; Educational attainment; Awards and honors.
- The FCC reformulates. McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;02/05/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 6, p11
Reports the appointment of Michael Powell as chairman of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in the United States. Departure of former chairman Harold Furchtgott-Roth from office; Replacement of vacant government positions by Republicans and Democrats; Plans of Powell for FCC.
- Powell Pushes Reform Efforts. Glick, Eric // Wireless Week;05/28/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 22, p16
Reports on the visit of Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman Michael Powell to the United States Congress on the fourth week of May 2001. Purpose of the visit; Amount requested by Powell from the Congress for the continuation of the reform efforts of the commission; Problem faced...