Cutting Back To Push Ahead
- REVIEW. // Campaign (UK);12/14/2001, Issue 51, p5
Reports developments in the advertising industry as of December 14, 2001. Dismissal of members of staff at 'The Daily Telegraph' and 'The Sunday Telegraph'; Decline in the advertising revenue of Trinity Mirror; Restructuring plans of cable company NTL.
- Alltel announces job cuts. // RCR Wireless News;2/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p10
Reports that Little Rock, Arkansas-based Alltel Corp. is in the process of cutting its work force by 400 employees through layoffs and early retirement.
- Valence Seeks Funding, Cuts Staff. Simons, Andrew // Orange County Business Journal;8/26/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p3
Reports on the reorganization of Valence Semiconductor Inc. in Orange County, California. Factors influencing the dismissal of the employees; Analysis on the revenue growth of the firm; Decrease on the number of investments.
- NEWS: DIGESTS. // Marketing Week;1/23/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p9
Reports business developments in Great Britain as of January 2003. Termination of merchandising director Dominic Chambers of Uniqlo; Promotion of the Gola Classics sports shoe range by Gola; Reorganization of the marketing division of Hit Entertainment.
- Alltel 4Q revenues up 6% from 2002. // RCR Wireless News;1/26/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the increase in the revenues of Alltel Corp. for the fourth quarter of 2003. Comparison with year-earlier results; Factors which contributed to increased quarterly revenues; Planned changes in its organizational structure.
- Lonza Stuns Investors With Profits Warning, Job Cuts. // Chemical Week;5/21/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 19, p5
Reports on the lowered profit forecast and the workforce reduction of chemical company Lonza. Operating profits for the first half of 2003; Aim of the restructuring; Cost savings targeted by the company.
- Clariant Deepens Restructuring with Job Cuts, More Divestments. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;2/25/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 7, p15
Reports on the restructuring plan of Clariant AG that will result to more job cuts and losses. Number of job losses covered by the plan; Functions and divisions affected by the plan; Amount of profit improvement targeted by the company with the restructuring plan; Net profit posted by Clariant...
- Community involvement takes a back seat to profits. Emerine, Steve // Inside Tucson Business;12/17/2007, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p21
The author reflects on the system of lay off under slumping advertising sales and the real estate downturn at the Arizona Daily Star on December 5, 2007. He cites that 3 weeks before the lay off, the newspaper's parent company announced its increased quarterly dividend by 5.6% and on December...
- Slumping Cisco restructures. Lee, Stephen; Jones, Mark // InfoWorld;04/23/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p10
Focuses on the financial restructuring program of Cisco Systems as of April 2001. Estimated decline in the third-quarter revenue of the company in 2001; Number of layoffs; Cost of the restructuring program; Partnership with Qwest Communications.