- A perspective on economic policy during an election year. Kelly, Thomas M. // Baylor Business Review;Spring1992, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p14
Reports on the status of the United States economy as the nation prepares to go to the polls in November 1992. Consumer indebtedness; Federal deficit; Need for investment; Corporate restructuring and reorganization; Undercapitalized banking system; Standard of living; Recommendations for...
- The statistics corner: National income accounting guidelines. Duncan, Joseph W. // Business Economics;Apr94, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p60
Examines the `System of National Accounts--1993' publication's impact on economic statistics. Organizations agreeing on terms in the field of national income measurement; Features of the revised publication; Key attributes; Organization of the report; Changes from the 1968 report.
- United States. // Bank of Canada Review;Summer96, p6
Focuses on economic activity in the United States for the first quarter of 1996, which expanded at an annual rate of 2.2 percent, compared with 0.5 percent in the previous year. Statistics for consumption and imports; Examination of the export market; Analysis of economic indicators.
- The economy in perspective. // Economic Trends (07482922);Oct95, p1
Focuses on American economic conditions as of October, 1995. Possible confrontation over fiscal policy of the political leadership; Danger of default on the nation's maturing debt; Increase in funding costs; Compounding of the fiscal problem with an inflation problem.
- Economic activity. // Economic Trends (07482922);Oct95, p8
Reports on the economic performance of the United States as of the second quarter of 1995. Real gross domestic product; Real consumer spending; Housing starts and new home sales; Nondefense capital goods shipments.
- The economy in perspective. // Economic Trends (07482922);May96, p1
Presents a perspective of the American economy as of May 1996 using an analogous story of a couple whose obsession with managing their son's growth and development has actually stifled his moral development.
- Economic activity. // Economic Trends (07482922);May96, p8
Presents economic activity trends in the United States as of May 1996. Advance estimates of gross domestic product; Increase in consumer spending; Major components of a strong first quarter showing; Slowdown in the pace of inventory accumulation; Increase in federal government purchases of...
- The economy in perspective. // Economic Trends (07482922);Feb98, p1
Reports on the economy of the United States as of the fourth quarter of 1997. Increment of 1.7 percent on the Consumer Price Index last 1997; Weakening of the forces that have boosted economic productivity; Effect of the productivity performance in the general level of output prices.
- Anatomy of a recovery. Gramley, Lyle // Mortgage Banking;Jan95, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p20
Examines issues concerning the economic recovery being experienced by the United States. Issues facing the economy for 1995; Economic problems faced in the 1980s; Increase in the ratio of private debt to gross domestic product; Federal debt; Risks posed by rapid growth; Rising demands for US...