Philadelphia OKs Lease Between Teams and Development Authority
- Year-End Deadline for Authorization of D.C. Ballpark Bonds. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/5/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31983, p36
Reports on the financing plan of the city council for the construction of baseball stadium in Washington D.C. Issuance of revenue bonds; Payment of the bonds with funds collected from three revenue streams; Allocation of budget into a general contingency reserve for capital improvements to the...
- Stadium Machinations. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/7/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31795, p29
Reports on the approval of a resolution by the city council in Minnesota. Promotion of the renovation of the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome; Assessment of the financial proposals for funding a new stadium.
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;09/26/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30983, p31
Presents news briefs pertaining to public finance in the Southwestern States as of September 26, 2000. Topeka City Council's plan to repeal the Watertower Place redevelopment district in Kansas; Tulsa County, Oklahoma's plan to send a four-point package of capital improvements before county...
- SPORTS. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;11/16/2007, Issue 323789, p6
The article reports on the approval granted by the Fresno City Council in 2007 for a $4.2-million bond that will be used for the renovation of the Selland Arena in Fresno, California. The sports facility is undergoing numerous improvements to prepare for the Fresno Falcons hockey team's return...
- ARIZONA: Capital Plan Is No Mirage. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/26/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33737, p9
The article informs about the adoption of 43.5 million U.S. dollar capital improvement plan for the fiscal year 2013 by the city council of El Mirage, Arizona.
- Wichita OKs Capital Plan. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/13/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33678, p9
The article reports on the move of the city council of Wichita, Kansas to adopt a 10-year capital improvement plan amounting 2.4 billion dollars, which will be financed in part with 304 million dollars of general obligation (GO) bonds.
- Aldermen to consider street improvement project. Shapiro, Mary // West County Journal;4/3/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 14, pA1
The article reports that the Board of Aldermen of the city of St. Louis, Missouri will vote on April 8, 2013 of whether to approve the recommendation of the city's Public Infrastructure Investment Task Force on the allocation of reserves for capital improvement project.
- Why Not a Market-Driven Housing Solution? Hollon, John // San Diego Business Journal;10/20/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p46
Editorial. Comments on the City Council's decision not to earmark funds from a potential increase in the transit occupancy tax for affordable housing in San Diego, California. Former San Diego city manager Jack McGrory's criticism of the City Council's decision; Problem with affordable housing...
- Oldham faces new riot threat. Conrad, Mark // Public Finance;10/10/2003, p17
Reports on the reaction of the Oldham Metropolitan Borough Council to a working paper on public finances released on October 2003 in England. Warning posed to the council of the possible racial disturbances within the area; Identification of areas of consideration which Oldham is facing;...