Going Back to School
- PRESIDENT OFFERS FISCAL YEAR 2002 BUDGET. // NCADD Washington Report;Apr2001, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p1
Reports on United States President George W. Bush's budget for fiscal year 2002.
- Tax-cut fever. Walsh, Kenneth T.; Samuel, Terence; Pethokoukis, Jim; Pailthorp, Bellamy; Benjamin, Matthew // U.S. News & World Report;02/19/2001, Vol. 130 Issue 7, p16
Discusses how the tax cut plan of United States President George W. Bush has sparked a national debate and feuding between political parties. Various views on taxes by Democrats and Bush's fellow Republicans; Argument that the plan is a giveaway to the rich; Features of Bush's tax proposal,...
- Muni Market Fears Competition From Bush Tax-Free Savings Plans. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;2/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31570, p5
Reports on the apprehensions of the U.S. Municipal Bond Market from the U.S. President George W. Bush's proposed tax-free savings account plan. Outline of the plan; Reasons behind the apprehensions; Possible difficulties in implementation of the plan.
- President Bush Signs Long-Delayed Tax Reconciliation Bill Into Law. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;5/18/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32384, p5
The article reports on the signing of U.S. President George W. Bush of the long-delayed tax reconciliation bill into law in May 17, 2006. The legislation requires brokers to submit tax-exempt interest and to have written loan agreements for at least thirty percent of proceeds at the time of...
- Shrinking Domestic Budget Limits Construction Funding. // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Mar2008, Vol. 107 Issue 3, pC6
The article reports on the $3.1 trillion financial budget released by the U.S. President George W. Bush for the fiscal year 2009. The budget shall cover the Department of Energy Builders Challenge's voluntary national energy savings program in the homebuilding industry to be accomplished by...
- TBMA Optimistic That Bush Will Relax Muni Curbs. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31069, p5
No abstract available.
- Bush Wins, Tax Reform Likely. Barnett, Susanna Duff; Hume, Lynn; Sanchez, Humberto; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32004, p1
Reports on the likelihood of tax reform and other legislation that could have negative implications for municipal bonds following U.S. President George W. Bush's victory in the November 2004 election. Market analysts' comments on Bush's tax moves; Potential impact on the market of attempts in...
- Bond market may aid opponents of Bush tax cut. // Inside Tucson Business;05/21/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p5
Reports on the negative impact of tax cut implemented by United States President George Bush on bond market. Comments of Senator Jon Corzine (D-New Jersey) regarding the disadvantage of the tax cut; Indications of a negative attitude of Democrats towards the Bush tax cuts; Citation of the...
- Market on Pins and Needles Over Congress' Tax Plan Action. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;4/11/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31613, p6
The municipal bond market of the U.S. may have to wait, before Congress makes a decision on whether to include in a tax bill all, some, or none of the U.S. President George W. Bush's proposal to eliminate shareholder taxes on dividends. But Congress could act to increase the Treasury's debt...