HELLENIC NAVY BUYS NAVAL ESM SYSTEMS
- Hellenic Navy Orders Systems For New Fast Attack Craft. // Defense Daily;3/27/2009, Vol. 241 Issue 56, p6
The article reports that BVT Surface Fleet International and Thales Nederland have signed a contract for the delivery of systems to be installed on two Roussen-class Fast Attack Craft that will be built by Elefsis Shipbuilding & Industrial Enterprises in Greece for the Hellenic Navy. As stated,...
- Commissioning of 1st Pakistan Navy Fast Attack Craft (Missile). // Hilal;2012, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p37
The article reports that the First Fast Attack Craft Missile PNS AZMAT was commissioned at Xingang Shipyard China.
- Egypt to Buy Used Ships From Serbia-Montenegro. // Sea Power;Jul2004, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p44
Reports on the Egyptian Navy's plan to purchase two Koni-class corvettes and five Osa-I class fast-attack craft from Serbia-Montenegro. Overhauling of a Koni unit prior to transfer; Description of the Serbia-Montenegro Koni corvette variant; Egypt's search for used vessels in light of its...
- FAST PATROL BOATS -- AND ENDANGERED SPECIES? // Naval Forces;2003, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p100
Assesses the utility and future life of Fast Patrol Boats (FPB) in the U.S. Criteria for categorizing FPB including tonnage and speed; Missions being accomplished in out-of-area littorals that present a problem to traditional FPB; Reason for Navies to operate FPB; Refionally-grouped Navies...
- "DÃ©jÃ Vu All Over Again"/ "A Gunboat Navy for the 21st Century". Claymore, Peter G. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Oct2005, Vol. 131 Issue 10, p64
This article focuses on the gunboat navy. The gunboats of the early 19th century, today's littoral combat ship is a descendent of another failed system: the Civil War monitor vessels. These were relatively cheap and easy to produce and were successful in coastal and riverine warfare. They were...
- Egypt Relaunches FAC Programme. // Military Technology;Aug2004, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p27
Reports on the relaunch of the Egyptian government and the U.S. administration's plan for a series of three Fast Attack Craft to be built in U.S. yards for the Egyptian Navy. Use of military assistance funding; Development of the original plans in the 1990s.
- Naval showdown with Iran in the Gulf increasingly likely. // Geo-Strategy Direct;5/7/2008, p7
This article reports on the move of a U.S. Navy ship to fire toward Iranian fast attack craft in the Persian Gulf in April 2008. The Navy said two Islamic Republic Guard Corps vessels confronted a cargo ship contracted by the U.S. Military Sealift Command. U.S. officials claimed that the...
- Finland Orders Additional Hamina-Class Fast Attack Craft. // Sea Power;Feb2004, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p43
Focuses on the contract signed by Finnish Navy with Aker Finnyards Oy for the construction of the third Hamina-class fast attack craft. Worth of the contract; Terms of the contract; Completion of the Hamina-class program.
- THE FLEET SURFACE FORCES. // Naval Forces;Special Issue 2005, p20
Focuses on the Surface Combat capability of the Swedish Royal Navy. Core of the Surface Combatants inventory; Corvette concept which originates from an evolutionary development of the Fast Attack Craft (FAC) that provided a substantial part of the Swedish Navy's Anti-Surface Warfare capability...