HELLENIC NAVY BUYS NAVAL ESM SYSTEMS
- Commissioning of 1st Pakistan Navy Fast Attack Craft (Missile). // Hilal;2012, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p37
The article reports that the First Fast Attack Craft Missile PNS AZMAT was commissioned at Xingang Shipyard China.
- Egypt to Buy Used Ships From Serbia-Montenegro. // Sea Power;Jul2004, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p44
Reports on the Egyptian Navy's plan to purchase two Koni-class corvettes and five Osa-I class fast-attack craft from Serbia-Montenegro. Overhauling of a Koni unit prior to transfer; Description of the Serbia-Montenegro Koni corvette variant; Egypt's search for used vessels in light of its...
- FAST PATROL BOATS -- AND ENDANGERED SPECIES? // Naval Forces;2003, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p100
Assesses the utility and future life of Fast Patrol Boats (FPB) in the U.S. Criteria for categorizing FPB including tonnage and speed; Missions being accomplished in out-of-area littorals that present a problem to traditional FPB; Reason for Navies to operate FPB; Refionally-grouped Navies...
- "DÃ©jÃ Vu All Over Again"/ "A Gunboat Navy for the 21st Century". Claymore, Peter G. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Oct2005, Vol. 131 Issue 10, p64
This article focuses on the gunboat navy. The gunboats of the early 19th century, today's littoral combat ship is a descendent of another failed system: the Civil War monitor vessels. These were relatively cheap and easy to produce and were successful in coastal and riverine warfare. They were...
- Egypt Relaunches FAC Programme. // Military Technology;Aug2004, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p27
Reports on the relaunch of the Egyptian government and the U.S. administration's plan for a series of three Fast Attack Craft to be built in U.S. yards for the Egyptian Navy. Use of military assistance funding; Development of the original plans in the 1990s.
- Naval showdown with Iran in the Gulf increasingly likely. // Geo-Strategy Direct;5/7/2008, p7
This article reports on the move of a U.S. Navy ship to fire toward Iranian fast attack craft in the Persian Gulf in April 2008. The Navy said two Islamic Republic Guard Corps vessels confronted a cargo ship contracted by the U.S. Military Sealift Command. U.S. officials claimed that the...
- Finland Orders Additional Hamina-Class Fast Attack Craft. // Sea Power;Feb2004, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p43
Focuses on the contract signed by Finnish Navy with Aker Finnyards Oy for the construction of the third Hamina-class fast attack craft. Worth of the contract; Terms of the contract; Completion of the Hamina-class program.
- THE FLEET SURFACE FORCES. // Naval Forces;Special Issue 2005, p20
Focuses on the Surface Combat capability of the Swedish Royal Navy. Core of the Surface Combatants inventory; Corvette concept which originates from an evolutionary development of the Fast Attack Craft (FAC) that provided a substantial part of the Swedish Navy's Anti-Surface Warfare capability...
- Fighting into the Littoral. Annati, Massimo // Military Technology;Mar2005, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p49
Focuses on the new naval vessels that are capable to operate into the littoral environment. Factors to consider for naval vessels to effectively perform littoral missions close to home waters or deployment missions in faraway areas; Design and construction of several naval vessels by various...