Other Needs May Hamstring Bonds for Las Vegas Libraries
- Oakland Voters to Face $148M Question for Library Project. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;8/2/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32436, p6
The article reports that in November 2006, voters in Oakland, California, will decide whether to approve a $148 million bond issue for the public library system. This is the first time the system has taken a bond request to the ballot since 1945. The Oakland Public Library intends to rebuild its...
- Yuma County, Ariz., to Weigh $54M for Libraries. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/23/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32160, p4
This article reports that a $53.7 million bond program designed to meet the needs of the public library system in rapidly growing Yuma County, Arizona, for the next two decades will go to voters on November 8. The Yuma County Board of Supervisors set the date for the general obligation bond...
- Salt Lake GO Vote. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/16/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31720, p31
Focuses on the use of the general obligation bonds in financing the renovation of the main library, sports complex and Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Diverse Needs, Huge Costs. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;01/12/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31056, p1
Focuses on the issuance of state bonds to help meet the financial needs of libraries in California. Total amount in bond fundings issued by the state government for local libraries; Library directors' that the amount in bond fundings issued by the state government will not be enough to meet...
- Broward County, Fla., Readies Library Deal, Gets GO Upgrade. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/21/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31207, p3
Discusses the plan of Broward County, Florida to sell $138.1 million of general obligation (GO) bonds. Improvement of the country's library system; Approval of the GO library issue by voters in March 1999; Price, structure and rating.
- Little Rock plans deal for Clinton library, among other things. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;03/24/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30357, p30
Reports that Little Rock, Arkansas' Board of Directors has passed a bond ordinance clearing the way for the issuance of $16.5 million of revenue bonds to be used to buy land for the future Clinton presidential library. Selection of Stephens Inc. to negotiate the pricing; Hope for an...
- California plan to boost libraries with debt could be part of a trend. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;09/16/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30727, p6
Reports on California's plan for a library bond vote. Construction and repair of library systems; Effects of technological advances and prevalence of computers on libraries.
- Minneapolis Library Supporters Gear Up for Possible Referendum. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;07/27/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30941, p36
Reports on a proposal for a downtown library in Minneapolis, Minnesota from a city-appointed panel charged with developing a building plan. Bond financing scenario; Need for a referendum on the library issue.
- Museum feud helps sink Oklahoma City bond issue. Kniffel, Leonard // American Libraries;Mar89, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p189
Reports on the rejection of a bond issue to build a new downtown library and museum by Oklahoma City voters. Amount of the proposed bond issue; Size of the proposed library; Features of the proposed library; Features of the present library; Possible reasons why it didn't pass.