New Jersey Moves Ahead With Bond Program to Build Schools
- N.J. Pushes Bond Sale To March. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;02/20/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31080, p1
Announces that the February 2001 issuance of a multimillion-dollar offering in school construction bonds through the New Jersey Economic Development Authority (EDA) is postponed to March 2001. Reason given by Jim Poole, director of the Office of Public Finance, for the delay; Lawsuit filed by...
- N.J. EDA Approves Up to $750M Of Debt for School Construction. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;9/14/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32217, p4
Reports on the approval of the sale of 750 million dollar of school facilities construction bonds by the New Jersey Economic Development Authority at its annual meeting. Establishment of interest rates on a daily basis; Allocation of funds for school construction projects; Bond ratings.
- Coutinho foresees building boom for schools in 2013. Kitchenman, Andrew // njbiz;8/13/2012, p10
The article reports that the New Jersey Economic Development Authority has authorized the issuance of 425 million dollars in school construction bonds and notes, with Assemblyman Albert Coutinho expecting an increase in school construction projects in 2013.
- N.J. EDA Tapping School Program With $300M Floating-Rate Deal. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;5/12/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31882, p4
Reports on the plans of the New Jersey Economic Development Authority to price its next chunk of school construction bonds in New Jersey. Option to refinance variable-rate bonds at a fixed rate; Role of Goldman Sachs & Co. in managing the sale; Use of the proceeds to pay for the acquisition,...
- Pride of The Town. // Business News New Jersey;04/12/99, Vol. 12 Issue 15, p4
Reports on the decision of the New Jersey Economic Development Authority to remain in Trenton, New Jersey.
- EDA seeks input on upcoming tech fund. Kaltwasser, Jared // njbiz;8/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 33, p3
The article deals with the New Jersey Economic Development Authority's (EDA) solicitation of ideas on how it should model its Edison Innovation Tech Accelerator Initiative.
- NEW JERSEY: First QSCB Sale Gets Nod. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;11/16/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33217, p9
The article reports on the approval of the New Jersey Economic Development Authority of its first qualified school construction bond (QSCB) issue to North Star Academy Charter School in Newark, New Jersey. It states that the 19 million dollar bond will help pay the expansion of the school. It...
- Weekly Volume Soars as Two Billion-Dollar Deals Top Calendar. Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;8/21/2015, p1
Weekly volume is estimated to vault to $8.5 billion the week of Aug. 24 as mammoth sales from the New Jersey Economic Development Authority and the state of California sit atop the weekly slate, while a $750 million deal from the Puerto Rico Aqueduct and Sewer Authority looms on the day-to-day...
- N.J. EDA OKs $510M State-contract School Construction Bond Offering. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;5/14/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32878, p3
The article reports that the Economic Development Authority (EDA) in New Jersey has approved of selling state-contract school construction bonds up to $510m through the end of December 2008. The proceeds of the contract will support infrastructure projects. The deal will be managed by Merrill...