Reports: Group Putting in Rival Bid for TWA
- Jet Acquisitions proposes to buy TWA for nearly $1 billion. Guadalupe-Fajardo, Evelyn // Caribbean Business;2/15/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p16
Reports that the Jet Acquisitions Group plans to buy out Trans World Airlines Inc. (TWA). Proposal for the elimination of debt, modernization of facilities and expansion; Former TWA chairman Carl Icahn's bid to help the carrier emerge from bankruptcy; Regulatory concerns about the effect of...
- Judge Approves TWA Buyout by American. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;03/13/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31095, p4
Reports the federal judge approval of the bid of AMR Corp. to acquire bankrupt Trans World Airlines (TWA) in Chicago, Illinois. Bankruptcy protection filed by TWA; Business operations of TWA.
- Continental appeals court ruling that allegedly favors American Airlines. Guadalupe-Fajardo, Evelyn // Caribbean Business;2/22/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p38
Reports that Continental Airlines Inc. is appealing a United States court decision allowing the auction of Trans World Airlines under terms that favor bidder AMR Corp., parent company of American Airlines. Bid proposals by Continental; Bid protections for AMR.
- TWA asset sale to American imminent after judge's ruling. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);04/06/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 14, p34A
Reports on the imminent sale of Trans World Airlines Inc.'s assets to AMR Corp. Denial by the bankruptcy court of motions to stay the sale of Trans World Airlines to AMR; Terms of the deal; Impact of the deal on the airline industry.
- St. Louis to Sell $458 Million GARB Deal Tomorrow. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;04/30/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31128, p3
Reports on plans of Saint Louis, Missouri to sell $458 million of general airport revenue bonds (GARB) in May 1, 2001. First GARB transaction in recent memory to carry an underlying rating; Ratings of the bonds; Delay caused by a buyout plan announced by Trans World Airlines Inc. (TWA) and...
- WEEK IN REVIEW. // Travel Agent;03/12/2001, Vol. 303 Issue 5, p92
Presents news items related to the tourism industry as of March 12, 2001. Trans World Airlines Inc.'s acceptance of AMR Corp.'s takeover bid; Southwest Airlines CORP.' decision to discontinue flight availability on Travelocity.Com Inc.'s Web site; Marketing agreement between Rosenbluth...
- Financial results. // Transportation & Distribution;Sep96, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p14
Presents the financial performance of several companies involved in the transportation and distribution industry in the United States as of September 1996. Includes AMR Corp.'s financial performance for the second quarter of 1996; Second quarter performance for Trans World Airlines; Total...
- Market focus. Velocci Jr., Anthony L. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/30/1998, Vol. 149 Issue 22, p13
Presents financial news briefs related to aerospace and aviation industries as of November 30, 1998. Airline stocks' performance; United States revenues for commercial air transport carriers down; Airlines posting largest gains including US Airways Group, AMR Corp. and others; Trans World...
- Sealed Bids Invited. the TFMG Bond Research Group // Bond Buyer;10/24/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31250, p13
Presents information about tender offers presented in several U.S. states as of October 24, 2001.