With ACA, Some Saw Disaster and Others Opportunities
- Good ratings = good rates. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;10/23/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 44, p43
Reports the incentive offers of banks for the pricing of bond insurance for nonprofit hospitals. Implications of the incentives to the price rate of hospitals; Information on the incentive offer of ACA Financial Guaranty Corp.
- ACA Offers Insurance for Ohio Tobacco Bonds. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/25/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32741, p1
The article reports on the offering of ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. to insure Ohio's tobacco bonds. Buyers in the secondary-market will have a new side item to order with their tobacco bonds upon the allocation of $5.5 billion of Tobacco Settlement Financing Authority bonds. ACA charged $55 per...
- ACA Names Roseman to Replace Satz. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;5/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31887, p1
Reports on the appointment by U.S.-based municipal bond insurer ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. of former ACE Financial Solutions executive Alan S. Roseman to the roles of chief executive officer and president. Executive replaced by Roseman; Views of analysts on the appointment; Continuation by...
- Market Muted Over ACA. Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/20/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32778, p1
The article reports on the move of Standard & Poor's Corp. to downgrade its rating for bond insurer ACA Financial Guaranty (ACA) Corp. ACA would be downgraded to triple-C from single-A. It said that it could not withstand being rated below A-minus. Such a downgrade would result to wide-sweeping...
- Standard & Poor's Slams ACA With CCC. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/20/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32778, p1
The article reports on the move of Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P) to downgrade its rating for bond insurer ACA Financial Guaranty (ACA) Corp. ACA was downgraded to CCC from A. S&P also dropped its ratings on more than 3,000 credits insured by ACA. Nearly 2,400 of these credits were dropped to...
- Wine Shrine' Saga Has Downs & Ups. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;6/15/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33131, p1
The article reports on the lawsuit filed by Copia Claims LLC against bond insurer ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. and ACA's conduit issue and trustee in California. The lawsuit, which was foreseen to seek a class-action status, specifically highlights the claims of Copia on the proper or legal...
- Correction. // Bond Buyer;10/13/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33198, p2
A correction to the article regarding the ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. that was published in the previous issue is presented.
- ACA Asks Florida Bridge Agency's Bondholders to Help Avoid Default. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;9/21/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33386, p6
The article reports that ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. urged the Santa Rosa Bay Bridge Authority to help its bondholders avoid payment default in Bradenton, Florida.
- ACA Conference Call to Address S&P Action. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;01/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31051, p5
Reports on ACA Financial Guaranty Corp.'s plans to hold a conference on January 5, 2001, to address Standard & Poor's decision to place the insurance firm on CreditWatch because the bond insurer failed to raise additional capital.