New Internet Tax Moratorium Legislation Introduced
- Businesses scrutinize Internet, mail-order tax. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;05/28/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p24
Reports on the collection of taxes from the Internet and mail-order companies in Lansing, Michigan. Imposition of sales tax on services; Information of the bill multistate tax agreement; Details on the need to preserve the Senate-inserted language.
- Tax Time For E-tailers. Wolf, Alan // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;3/10/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p16
Reports on an electronic commerce sales tax collection agreement signed by retailers in Seattle, Washington. Terms of the agreement; Applicability of the agreement.
- NY Production Alliance Monitors Internet Tax. Armbrust, Roger // Back Stage;04/28/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 17, p5
Reports that the New York Production Alliance is monitoring the issue of Internet tax. Emphasis on the possibility of a state sales tax on electronic film transfers; Memorandum on the issue from the New York Taxation and Finance Department; International concerns on electronic commerce taxation.
- The only thing inevitable... Skillman, Brad // Accounting Technology;Oct97, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p16
Focuses on the differing approaches of states concerning the taxation of Internet commerce. California's hands-off policy toward Internet taxation; Texas' taxation of access to the Internet and information and software downloaded from a server; Issue of which state receives the money arising...
- State, local officials hold the line against proposed Internet tax moratorium. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/20/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30255, p4
No abstract available.
- 2 Tax and the Internet. // Hume Papers on Public Policy;1999, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p27
Focuses on the taxation of the Internet. Principles of tax law; Direct and indirect taxation; Alternative forms of taxation.
- Tax dodgers over the Internet. // National Public Accountant;Oct97, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p6
Looks at how Congress is treating the issue of taxation of the Internet and electronic commerce. Introduction of bills to prohibit Internet taxes; Australian Taxation Office's report on the use of the Internet for electronic commerce.
- Free Lunch Ending? Brown, Doug // Interactive Week;2/12/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p16
Deals with the debate on whether to tax electronic commerce in the United States (U.S.). Deadline faced by the U.S. Congress on the issue; Details on a legislation that would give states taxing authority over online sales; Information on the Internet Tax Moratorium.
- Treasury doesn't want new taxes to impede Internet transactions. // Practical Accountant;Jan97, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p54
Reports on the issuance by the US Treasury Department of a selected tax policy paper on global electronic commerce that says new communication technologies should not be impeded. Application of the principle of neutrality in the development of substantive tax policy and administration;...