New Internet Tax Moratorium Legislation Introduced
- Businesses scrutinize Internet, mail-order tax. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;05/28/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p24
Reports on the collection of taxes from the Internet and mail-order companies in Lansing, Michigan. Imposition of sales tax on services; Information of the bill multistate tax agreement; Details on the need to preserve the Senate-inserted language.
- Tax Time For E-tailers. Wolf, Alan // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;3/10/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p16
Reports on an electronic commerce sales tax collection agreement signed by retailers in Seattle, Washington. Terms of the agreement; Applicability of the agreement.
- NY Production Alliance Monitors Internet Tax. Armbrust, Roger // Back Stage;04/28/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 17, p5
Reports that the New York Production Alliance is monitoring the issue of Internet tax. Emphasis on the possibility of a state sales tax on electronic film transfers; Memorandum on the issue from the New York Taxation and Finance Department; International concerns on electronic commerce taxation.
- The only thing inevitable... Skillman, Brad // Accounting Technology;Oct97, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p16
Focuses on the differing approaches of states concerning the taxation of Internet commerce. California's hands-off policy toward Internet taxation; Texas' taxation of access to the Internet and information and software downloaded from a server; Issue of which state receives the money arising...
- State, local officials hold the line against proposed Internet tax moratorium. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/20/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30255, p4
No abstract available.
- 2 Tax and the Internet. // Hume Papers on Public Policy;1999, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p27
Focuses on the taxation of the Internet. Principles of tax law; Direct and indirect taxation; Alternative forms of taxation.
- Tax dodgers over the Internet. // National Public Accountant;Oct97, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p6
Looks at how Congress is treating the issue of taxation of the Internet and electronic commerce. Introduction of bills to prohibit Internet taxes; Australian Taxation Office's report on the use of the Internet for electronic commerce.
- The virtual taxman cometh: Looming taxation issues for Internet... Chuck, Lysbeth B. // Searcher;May98, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p36
Discusses the issues regarding the taxation of Internet commerce. United States' legislation on Internet commerce tax; Alternatives to Internet tax; Criticism on internet taxation. INSET: International Internet tax alternatives.
- Free Lunch Ending? Brown, Doug // Interactive Week;2/12/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p16
Deals with the debate on whether to tax electronic commerce in the United States (U.S.). Deadline faced by the U.S. Congress on the issue; Details on a legislation that would give states taxing authority over online sales; Information on the Internet Tax Moratorium.