Liberty cuts losses
- Family-run department store closes shop. // Cabinet Maker;7/23/2010, Issue 5697, p6
The article reports on the plan of the family-run department store Linton and Robinson to close its flagship store in Strabane, Northern Island.
- Failure to find buyer means final closure for Allders. // DIY Week;9/21/2012, p5
The article announces the closure of Allders department store in Croydon, London, England which went into administration in June 2012.
- Jobs to go as store announces closure. // Cabinet Maker;6/13/2014, Issue 5888, p4
The article reports that homewares specialist department store Quayside will be closed on January 31, 2015 in Guernsey, Channel Islands that would lead to loss of 25 jobs amongst staff members.
- All 327 Ames stores to close in 10 weeks. Kropf, Annemarie // Business Journal (Central New York);8/16/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 33, p3
Reports on the closure of a number of Ames department stores in Central New York in 2002. Number of employees to be affected; Chain-wide liquidation of the company's stores throughout the United States; Chief executive officer Joseph R. Ettore's letter to customers, associates and supporters...
- Department store Boscov's files Chapter 11. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;8/11/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 48, p8
The article reports that family-owned department store Boscov's Department Store LLC has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in the United States. The company, which has 49 stores in the eastern U.S., listed three furniture and bedding firms, including La-Z-Boy, Serta and Sauder...
- Lazarus to Close Ohio Flagship. Burrows, Dan // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/20/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 82, p2
Lazarus-Macy's department (LMD) stores in downtown Columbus, Ohio, plans to close in August 2004, according to its parent company, Federated Department Stores Inc. Federated disclosed that its investment in nine other LMD doors in the Columbus area made it economically untenable to maintain...
- RETAIL briefs. // Home Textiles Today;12/10/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p2
Reports on the business ventures of department stores in the United States. Closure of Ames Department Stores in December 2001; Liquidation of 54 stores on December 30, 2001; Appointment of Bill Dandy as senior vice-president of Jo-Ann Stores.
- TJ Hughes distribution centre closes, making 116 redundant. // Cabinet Maker;7/29/2011, Issue 5748, p9
The article reports on the decision of Administrators to close TJ Hughes' main warehousing and distribution centre in Great Britain that resulted to 116 staff redundant.
- Federated cautions Wall St. Hogsett, Don // Home Textiles Today;7/9/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 43, p2
Presents the decline in the profit share percentage of the Federated Department Stores Inc. in Cincinnati, Ohio. Impact of the fall in sales and profit on the earnings per share; Factors contributing to the lower sales; Details on the second quarter recorded per-share profit.