Furniture sales boost John Lewis turnover
- Federated doubles profits. Hogsett, Don // Home Textiles Today;5/17/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p32
Reports on the improved financial performance for the Cincinnati, Ohio-based retailer, Federated Department Stores Inc. Corporate profits; Selling and marketing strategies; Operating costs; Consolidation of the company's home store operations.
- Roses in bloom on Bloomie's floor. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;3/25/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 29, p14
Reports the launching of home furnishings-wide event 'Everything is Coming Up Roses' by Bloomingdale's Department Store in New York City. Features of Cyrus Clark's Old Lyme cabbage roseprint in merchandises; Characteristic of Hyde Park collection of living room; Introduction of a collection of...
- Bloomingdale's opens metro N.Y. home unit. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;10/2/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p46
The article reports on the launch of the Home Store by Bloomingdale at The Shops in the Riverside shopping center in Bergen County, New Jersey. Home Store offers new line in of home furnishings such as bedding, rugs and furniture. The new shop includes a gift registry, a Godiva chocolate shop...
- Car sales put the brakes on retail numbers. Hogsett, Don // Home Textiles Today;5/17/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p32
Reports on the decline in car sales in the U.S. Retail operations; Economic slowdown; Corporate profits; Department store operations; Trends in the house furnishings industry.
- still sparkling. Turner, Clare // Housewares;Oct2000, Issue 154, p22
Focuses on the success of department store chain Leekes' decision to re-invent its housewares department in Great Britain.
- Liberty denies Cookshop closure. // Housewares;Oct2000, Issue 154, p35
Focuses on London, England-based department store Liberty's denial of rumors that its housewares department faces closure.
- Latest JLP stores help rescue furnishings sales. // Cabinet Maker;07/23/99, Issue 5147, p4
Reports on an increase in department store chain John Lewis' sales of soft furnishing during the quarter ended on July 3, 1999.
- STILL GOING DOWN. Hirano, Koji // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/25/2003, Vol. 185 Issue 60, p32
Reports on the decline of the sales of department stores in Tokyo, Japan.
- Profits fall for chain store duo. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;04/09/99, Issue 5133, p4
Reports that department store chains Bentalls and Upton & Southern have been profits drop as consumers as both ends of England kept tight control of their spending.
- Department store drop. // Cabinet Maker;3/1/2002, Issue 5276, p2
Reports the decline of profitability in the department stores in Great Britain.