In the Loop
- Her first 100 days. Anderson, Scott // Quill & Quire;Jun2001, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p22
Focuses on the strategic plans of Heather Reisman to boost the marketing sales of Chapters in Canada. Plans in conducting consumer focus groups; Importance of inventory management and distribution; Interest on e-books and print-on-demand technology.
- Reisman Plans Indigo Merger, Store Closings. Eichler, Leah // Publishers Weekly;2/12/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 7, p82
Reports on the plans of Trilogy owner Heather Reisman for book companies Chapters Inc. and Chapters Online, after being appointed as chief executive officer of Chapters. Plans of Reisman on book discounts of Chapters; Steps Reisman plans to take to get Chapters out of the wholesale book...
- Ingram, PMA launch program to aid small publishers. Kinsella, Bridget // Publishers Weekly;8/4/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 32, p24
Announces Ingram Book Company's launch of a program called Ingram Express. Cooperation of Publishers Marketing Association; Aim of including publishers with fewer than ten titles on the Ingram database; Numbers of publishers meeting criteria; Ingram requirements; Advantages to small publishers.
- Ingram to Open Distribution Center in Pennsylvania. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/23/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 30, p11
Reports on the plan of publishing company Ingram Book Group to open a distribution center in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania. Decision to close distribution centers in several states; Number of work force to be employed at the planned distribution center; Financial package offered by the state to...
- Publishers Optimistic About New Chain. Eichler, Leah // Publishers Weekly;5/14/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 20, pS5
Provides information on the views of Heather Reisman, chief executive officer at Chapters publications, on the issues concerning the book retailing and publishing industry in Canada. Impact of the negative relationships between Chapters and Canadian publishers on the industry; Recommendations of...
- Books on demand at lightning print: P.O.D. goes head-to-head with offset. Alexander, George A. // Seybold Report on Publishing Systems;12/14/98, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p3
Focuses on Ingram Book Co.'s Lightning Print, a print-on-demand service for book publishers. Two kinds of fees paid by the publisher; Description of the books that Lightning Print makes; Production and prepress equipment; Supporting software; Production process. INSETS: Other book-on-demand...
- PEOPLE IN THE NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;6/25/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 26, p7
Reports on executive changes at United States publishing firms Ingram Book Co. and Talk Miramax Books as of June 2001. Promotion of Julie Burns to president of Ingram; Hiring by Talk Miramax of Kathy Schneider and JillElyn Riley.
- Literary presses in crisis. Coffey, Michael // Publishers Weekly;11/20/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 47, p47
Focuses on small publishers' concerns over the factors that could bring an end to their growth cycle. Budget cut for the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA); Endangered status of independent booksellers; Threat from chain superstores; National clout of Ingram Book; Disappearance of...
- Will his stores survive? Lorinc, John // Quill & Quire;Jun97, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p9
Reports on operational and financial problems faced by Tom Bollum's book superstore mini-chain as of April 1997. Creditors of the superstore; Impact of failure of the superstore on its largest creditor U.S.-based wholesale company Ingram Corp.; Possible reasons for its problems.