- Franklin Sees Big Gains From eBookMan Launch. // Publishers Weekly;11/27/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 48, p19
Focuses on the expectations of Franklin Electronic Publishers on its eBookMan program. Estimated amount spent by the publishing company in its program; Special marketing effort of the company.
- Franklin Inks Content, DRM Deals with SMP, Others. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;7/9/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 28, p14
Highlights the content deals of Franklin Electronic Publishers with St. Martin's Press and AlexLit. Features of the eBookMan reading device; Advantages of the deals; Plans of Franklin Electronic Publishers to have a deal with MobiPocket company.
- Franklin to boost Bookman via TV. // Publishers Weekly;7/28/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 30, p14
Reports that Franklin Electronic Publishers is planning a major advertising campaign for the fall of 1997. Efforts to enter new distribution channels to combat sluggish consumer electronics market; Desire to have a greater presence in book stores; Financial data for 1996.
- Franklin Electronic Has Profitable Fiscal '03. // Publishers Weekly;6/2/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 22, p12
Reports on the profitability of Franklin Electronic Publishers for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2003. Net income posted by the company; Net loss of Franklin in the previous year; Strongest performing sector for most of the year; Prospects for 2004.
- Franklin to Distribute Rocket eBook. Hilts, Paul // Publishers Weekly;1/11/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 2, p14
Announces the plan of Franklin Electronic company to distribute the NuvoMedia Rocket eBook through consumer electronic and computer retail outlets. How the company will sell the readers beginning spring of 1999; Plan of the company regarding its Rocket eBooks or RocketEditions.
- Franklin Eyes Profitability. // Publishers Weekly;8/26/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 34, p12
Reports on the net income posted by Franklin Electronic Publishers for the first quarter of 2002. Information on the loss reported by the publisher for the same period in 2001; Details on the book sales of the company; Outlook for the performance of the publisher in 2002.
- Modest Period for Franklin. // Publishers Weekly;2/24/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 8, p12
Focuses on the decline in the revenue posted by Franklin Electronic Publishers Inc. for the third quarter that ended December 31, 2002. Increase in net income; Factors which contributed to the drop in sales; Increase in Franklin's eBookman sales.
- Screen Time Or Smokescreen? Zeitchik, Steven; Reid, Calvin; Nawotka, Edward // Publishers Weekly;10/1/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 40, p25
Provides information on the instructive categories of electronic reading as described in different time frames. Information on the Spelling Ace from Franklin Electronic Publishers; Program which is used to make information from various guidebooks available in palmtops; Digital electronic book...
- Sales Fall at Franklin. // Publishers Weekly;5/24/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 21, p18
Provides information on the financial performance of Franklin Electronic Publishers for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2004. Net income; Sales.