Carroll Steps Down As Publisher Of The Press He Built 19 Years Ago
- Avalon Group buys into Carroll & Graf. // Publishers Weekly;5/20/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 21, p27
Reports that Avalon Publishing Group has acquired a 20 percent stake in Carroll & Graf. The advantages to the deal according to C&G publisher Kent Carroll; How the focus will be on being more competitive in bidding for bigger books by better-known authors; The composition of C&G's current list;...
- `Enemy' Makes Friends. Quinn, Judy // Publishers Weekly;2/14/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 7, p87
Deals with the publishing of additional copies of Tim Binding's book `Lying With the Enemy' by Carroll & Graf. Overview of the book; Comments from Kent Carroll of Carroll & Graf.
- Carroll Leaves Carroll & Graf. Farmanfarmaian, Roxane // Publishers Weekly;2/26/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 9, p18
Reports on the resignation of Kent Carroll as publisher and editor-in-chief at the company Carroll & Graf to pursue publishing ventures. Background on the publishing company.
- Carroll & Graf to Cut Output 18% in 2007; Maintain Fiction Mix. // Book Publishing Report;10/23/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 41, p1
The article focuses on the plan of Carroll & Graf Publishers to reduce its title output in 2007 by about 18%. Two hundred seventy five books are expected to be released by the end of 2006, thus around 225 titles only will be released in 2007. Publisher Will Balliet claimed that the company wants...
- In the loop... // Book Publishing Report;01/31/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p7
Focuses on developments related to book publishers, current as of January 31, 2000. Includes Mysterious Press founder Otto Penzler's plan to work for Carroll & Graf; Barefoot Books' introduction of its first line of paperbacks for the United States market.
- Canadian Hit Finds U.S. Home. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;6/21/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 25, p12
Reports on the publication of the book "Shake Hands With the Devil," by Romeo Allaire in the U.S. Theme of the book; Performance of the book in the Canadian market; Rights of Philip Turner of Carroll & Graf to the publication of the literature.
- Penzler to Join C&G. // Publishers Weekly;1/31/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 5, p19
Reports on the partnership formed by publishing company Carroll and Graf with Otto Penzler, a crime and mystery publisher, in 2000. Terms of the partnership deal; Overview of the Otto Penzler Books imprint.
- Graf Steps Down; Ortenberg, Balliet Move Up at Avalon. // Publishers Weekly;6/23/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 25, p9
Reports on the resignation of Herman Graf as publisher of Carroll & Graf Publishers and vice president of the Avalon Publishing Group to become an editor-at-large in 2003. Executive promotions announced by Avalon; Career background of Graf.
- Avalon to Acquire Carroll & Graf. Farmanfarmaian, Roxane // Publishers Weekly;12/7/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 49, p11
Reports that Avalon Publishing Group has agreed to acquire New York publisher Carroll & Graf in 1998. Terms of the deal; Expected finalization of the deal; Background information on Carroll & Graf.