Erik Engstrom Leaving Random House And The Book Biz Altogether
- Why Did Weisberg Leave. // Publishers Weekly;2/5/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 6, p14
The article discusses several issues surrounding the resignation of Don Weisberg as executive vice president and chief operations officer (COO) for publishing firm Random House (RH). The company insists that Weisberg's departure is simply due to his desire to move on. However, some believes that...
- At Random. Nelson, Sara // Publishers Weekly;5/12/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 19, p5
The article reports on rumors spreading that Peter Olson is leaving his 10-year post as chief executive officer (CEO) of Random House. The news, which first appeared on "The New York Times" web site, revealed that Olson's new Bertelsmann boss, Harmut Ostrowski, has lost patience with his...
- Just Business. Maneker, Marion // New York;5/19/2008, Vol. 41 Issue 18, p30
This article reports that Random House chief executive officer Peter Olsen stepped down from his position in May 2008. The article discusses Olsen's leadership practices and changes he made in the publishing industry, likening him to the don of an industry family. Information is also provided on...
- Grann Resigns as Random Vice-Chair. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/8/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 27, p9
Reports the resignation of Phyllis Graham, vice-chairman of Random House in July 2002. Reason for her resignation.
- RANDOM NOTES. Miner, Brad // National Review;3/5/1990, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p49
Examines the views of Random House publishing company manager Alberto Vitale on the status of the publishing industry. Little change in the character of book publishing; Impact of the trend toward the formation of conglomerations of publishers.
- Random House Dominates NBCC Nominations. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;2/4/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 5, p17
Reports that books published by Random House Inc. made up the majority of nominations at the National Book Critics Circle Awards. Titles of the Random House publications.
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;02/18/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p8
Reports developments in the book industry in the United States as of February 18, 2002. Appointment of Kristy Fowkes as director of fiction at Random House; Relocation of the children's publishing area at London Book Fair; Resignation of Lynne Drew at Random House.
- Random House Forms Schwartz & Wade Books With S&S Veterans. // Book Publishing Report;3/21/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p4
Reports on the appointment of Anne Schwartz to the position of vice president and co-director of Schwartz & Wade books by Random House Children's Books company in the U.S. Formation of the Schwartz & Wade Books by Schwartz; Effectivity of the appointment; Schedule on the launch of the imprint's...
- Speculation intensifies over top post at RHC. Anderson, Scott // Quill & Quire;Sep98, Vol. 64 Issue 9, p5
Reports the speculation over the appointment of a president for the planned merger between Random House Inc. and Doubleday & Co. in Canada. Anticipation for the completion of an Investment Canada review; Description of the logical choice for the post; Importance of company operations to the...