Barnes&Noble.com Cuts 350 Jobs One Week After Amazon.com Slashes 1,300
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;2/4/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p8
Reports the fourth-quarter revenue of Barnes & Noble.com in New York City. Sales of consumer books; Decline on pro forma net loss; Forecast on first quarter sales of the company.
- B&N.com Opens BNTV. Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;7/3/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 27, p11
Reports that Barnesandnoble.com Inc. has launched the Barnes and Noble Television (BNTV) which will broadcast over the Internet. Features of the TV programs of BNTV; Developer and producer of BNTV; Web-casting program of Borders.com.
- Bookseller shows some spine. // Crain's New York Business;1/21/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p19
Reports the performance of Barnesandnoble.com on stock market in New York, New York. View of analysts on the stock market performance of Barnesandnoble.com; Growth of cybersales; Rank as 11th-most-trafficked Web retailer; Business losses despite increase in revenue.
- Barnes & Noble.com consumer sales increased. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;11/4/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 22, p8
No abstract available.
- Barnes & Noble.com launches digital imprint. Letts, Mike; Walter, Mark // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Feb2001, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p26
Focuses on online book retailer Barnes and Noble.com as of February 2001. Company background; Company's launch of its electronic book publishing unit Barnes and Noble Digital.
- Bulkeley Appointed CEO at b&n.com. // Publishers Weekly;11/9/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 45, p12
Reports that managing director of the United Kingdom operation of the AOL-Bertelsmann joint venture in Europe, Jonathan Bulkeley was appointed as chief executive officer (CEO) of barnesandnoble.com. When Bulkeley was scheduled to start his job as CEO; Who the CEO will report to.
- Six-Month Sales Top $71M at Bn.com. // Publishers Weekly;8/2/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 31, p14
Reports on the sales increase at barnesandnoble.com (bn.com) for the second quarter ended June 30, 1999. Increase in the net loss; Number of customers added during the second quarter; Why bn.com was able to cut its loss in the period by 7%; Total sales of bn.com in the second quarter of 1998.
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;8/6/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p6
Reports the net sales of Barnes&Noble.com in the U.S. Comparison of sales with Amazon.com; Reduction of discounting and cut spending on marketing to improve online profit; Total operating loss of the company.
- B&N Sales Rise, Gain Turns to Loss. // Publishers Weekly;8/21/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 34, p16
Reports on the net loss posted by Barnes&Noble.com in the second quarter ended July 29, 2000. Amount of the company's net loss and net profit; Impact of the net interest expenses to the company; Rise in the sales for the company.