- Race Against Time. SLENSKE, MICHAEL // Art + Auction;Dec2013, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p99
The article discusses the market for luxury watches as of December 2013, focusing on comparison of the financial success of investing versus collecting. Topics include the buy-and-hold approach to fine watches as a commodity, the growth of the watch and clock market since 2011, and the strategy...
- New collector: Antique watches. Scherer, Barrymore Laurence // Magazine Antiques;Mar/Apr2015, Vol. 182 Issue 2, p48
The article discusses antique watches and provides information for individuals interested in collecting them. Topics discussed include the change from pocket watches to wristwatches, the chronograph wristwatch developed by Audemars Piguet, and the American railroad watch designed by watch dealer...
- Now's the time to collect novelty wristwatches. Green, George; Green, Mary // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;May96, Vol. 101 Issue 3, p38
Describes collectors' novelty watches. Manufacturers; Materials used; Chronology of wristwatches from 1571 through the 1960s; Function; Value.
- Small time. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/2/1996 Accessories, Vol. 171 Issue 1, p12
Features three companies that are making a mark for themselves in the fashion watch industry. Maximal Art; Comments from designer and chief executive officer, John Wind; Anni and Company; Remarks from designer and owner, Juan Geyer; DeJuno Corporation, Statements from vice president of sales...
- Vintage watches put history on your wrist--and maybe some money in your pocket. Hube, Karen // Money;Sep95, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p154
Offers advice on collecting wrist watches for profit. Models with ornate face covers from World War I; Character watches; Gold-filled models; Special-edition gold watches; Prestige watchmakers; Complicated mechanical watches; Market sources; selling watches; Reference publications.
- Why vintage watches surged 20% in the past 18 months. Branch, Shelly // Money;May97, Vol. 26 Issue 5, pB29
Takes a look at vintage watches as investments. What qualifies as a vintage watch; Potential price range; The increased interest of Americans in vintage watches since the early 1980s; Recommendations.
- History of the wristwatch. // Finance Week;10/6/2003, p33
Focuses on the history of the wristwatch. Design of Rolex wrist watches in time for the First World War; Introduction of date window in 1945; Collectible value of Cartier watches.
- Why You Should Stock Vintage Watches. Shuster, William George // JCK;Mar2000, Vol. 171 Issue 3, p92
Provides an overview on the market for vintage wristwatches. Bid price for the 1933 Henry Graves supercomplication pocket watch, created by Patek Philippe of Geneva, Switzerland; Significance of the high bid price for the Patek Philippe watch on the vintage market; Other established and admired...
- Time is money. Robinson, Marguerite // Finance Week;05/18/2001, p60
Reports that the fad of investing in men's luxury watches is gaining ground in South Africa. Wristwatches for telling time and a fashion statement; Jewelry which men feel comfortable wearing; Famous watch brands.