Roots of Trouble
- 'HOA' Lender Finds Investors. // National Mortgage News;5/5/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 31, p1
The article reports on the quest of San Ramon, California-based CMG Mortgage Services for two new investors for its Home Ownership Accelerator (HOA) loan program. The HOA product is an A paper transactional loan where the consumer deposits his or her paycheck directly into a mortgage account....
- Son follows lender Angelo Hozilo into mortgage industry. // Lending Strategy;Sep2010, p31
The article reports that Mark Mozilo, son of Angelo Mozilo, dubbed as the Godfather of subprime mortgage lending, has entered the lending market as chief executive officer of Calcop Advisors of Pasadena, California.
- Home Loans Rebounding: Cal Coast Financial CEO. SPRINGER, RICHARD // India -- West;12/3/2010, Vol. 36 Issue 2, pB1
The article focuses on the insights of Cal Coast Financial Corp chief executive officer (CEO) Roger Bakshi regarding the condition and performance of home loans industry.
- The Greatest CEO. // National Mortgage News;9/12/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 49, p4
The author reflects on the best performance of Apple Inc.'s chief executive officer (CEO) Steve Jobs as an example that CEOs in mortgage business must follow to boost sales and create short sales solutions.
- The Succession Issue: Wall Street's lone-wolf CEOs face an uncertain future. cover illustrator: Brad Walker. Colarusso, Dan // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/10/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 34, pN.PAG
Focuses on the issue of succession plans in investment banking firms in the U.S. as of September 2001. Possible implications of lack of succession planning in most of the banks; Highlights of developments at Credit Suisse First in Boston, Massachusetts following the termination of chief...
- PEOPLE. // National Mortgage News;12/2/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p20
Reports several career developments related to the mortgage industry in the U.S. Selection of David M. Brazil as president and chief operating officer; Naming of Layna J. Browdy as vice president and public relations officer of New Century Financial Corp.; Designation of Robert G. Rockwell as...
- David Maxwell turned a turnaround into art. // Fortune International (Europe);8/11/2003, Vol. 148 Issue 3, p68
In 1981, as the stock of Chrysler hit an all-time low, the United State was beginning its enthrallment with the man hired to save it. Lee Iacocca would soon be a national icon--bestselling author, star of more than 80 commercials, and everyone's image of a turnaround artist. That same year, as...
- Quinn Plans to Reassure the Industry. Venetis, Kyriaki // National Mortgage News;10/20/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p2
Focuses on the participation of Column Financial Inc.'s president and chief executive officer, Kieran Quinn, in the Mortgage Bankers Association of America's 2000 convention. Reassurance to be given by Quinn to the mortgage industry about the state of the company's period of change and...
- Subprime Meltdown Weighs On Executives' Outlook. Tolkoff, Sarah // Orange County Business Journal;4/2/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p1
The article reports on the views of chief executives, business owners and managers on the slow growth of subprime mortgage in Orange County, California. Some executives believe that subprime fallout will have a little effect on the economy, while others insist that it will have a big impact on...