Hurry Up And Wait
- HARVARD AND MIT'S BROAD VIEW OF GENOMIC MEDICINE. Davies, Kevin // Bio-IT World;Jul2003, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the agreement between Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology to establish the Broad Institute which is dedicated to genomic medicine research. Significance of the research institute according to its director Eric Lander; Value of the research institute;...
- MIT Recruiting Engineers for Biomedical Research. Gwynne, Peter // Research Technology Management;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p5
The article reports on the recruitment of medical researchers and engineers by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in an effort to improve the diagnosis, monitoring and treatment of cancer. In the process. MIT is also developing a new form of collaboration that the entire field of...
- MIT proposes $450 million research facility. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;4/20/2012, p4
The article cites a report from "The Boston Globe" on the proposal of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) to build a research facility at Hanscom Air Force Base in Bedford, Massachusetts.
- Center Focuses on integrated optics. Carts-Powell, Yvonne // Laser Focus World;Feb2001, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p22
Reports on the plan of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge to build a fabrication facility for MIT Microphotonics Center researchers. Function of the center; Goal of the research center; Funding of the center.
- MIT-Army nanotechnology center. Tweed Jr., Anthony C. // Physics Today;May2002, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p32
Reports on the plan to build the Institute for Soldier Nanotechnologies (ISN) at Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge. Construction cost; Focus of research at the ISN; Expectations on the ISN.
- Cloning MIT. // Nature Cell Biology;Apr2006, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p301
The article discusses the attempts made by several countries in Europe to replicate the success of Massachusetts Institute and Technology in the U.S. In Germany, the government declared the founding of elite universities and competition with existing schools was enhanced to improved its status....
- ...and may look to Ireland for expansion. Loder, Natasha // Nature;10/28/1999, Vol. 401 Issue 6756, p836
Reports on the near-completion of a deal between the Republic of Ireland and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology to create an information technology research center in Dublin. Technology focus of the center; Funding for the project; Universities to be involved in the project.
- Nokia Opens Research Center at MIT. // Electronic News;5/1/2006, Vol. 52 Issue 18, p14
The article reports on the opening by Nokia Corp. and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology of the Nokia Research Center Cambridge in May 2006. The center was constructed to bring researchers and scientists together in the development of high-impact research. Its mission is to explore and...
- ACCIDENTALLY ON PURPOSE. Bleby, Michael // BRW;5/10/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 18, p47
The article focuses on Building 20, a structure on the grounds of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in Cambridge, Massachusetts. It was constructed in 1943 to house a radar research institution called the Radiation Laboratory. The building was designed to be demolished after World...