The Profit Pill
- FDA APPROVES GILEAD'S ANTI-HIV DRUG VIREAD. // Biotech Business;Dec2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the approval made by the United States Food and Drug Administration for the antiretroviral agent Viread of Gilead Sciences.
- Gilead requests HW PrEP approval. Highleyman, Liz // Bay Area Reporter;12/29/2011, Vol. 41 Issue 52, p3
The article reports on a supplemental new drug application submitted by South San Francisco, California-based Gilead Sciences Inc. to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to seek approval of its Truvada combination pill for HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP).
- New weapon to curb HIV. // Bay Area Reporter;7/19/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 29, p4
The article reflects on the approval by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration of the medicine called Truvada prepared by Gilead Sciences Inc. for the treatment of HIV patients.
- 'Btripla' Gets Surprise RTF; Gilead Asked for More Data. // BioWorld Today;1/26/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p2
This article reports on the refuse-to-file letter received by Gilead Sciences Inc. from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for its new drug application seeking approval of human immunodeficiency virus single-tablet regimen Truvada plus TMC278 from Tibotec Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- FDA decision on the approval of Truvada for PrEP delayed three months. // HIV Australia;Jun2012, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p4
The article reports that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has extended its review until September 14, 2012 on Gilead Sciences Inc.'s approval application of the drug Truvada for pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP).
- Viread for Treating Children. // Monthly Prescribing Reference;Feb2012, Vol. 28 Issue 2, pA14
The article reports the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's approval for the use of the drug Viread from Gilead Sciences Inc. along with other antiretroviral agents for treating children.
- US Food and Drug Administration Approves Gilead's Once-Daily HIV Pill. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;11/1/2011, Vol. 53 Issue 9, preceding p853
The article provides information on the approval of once daily experimental Human Immunodeficiency Virus drug from Gilead Sciences Inc. by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- Gilead's interferon-free HCV combo approved. // Nature Biotechnology;Nov2014, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p1070
The article reports the approval given by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to biotechnology company Gilead to manufacture fixed-dose oral combination therapy for treating chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) genotype 1 infection.
- FDA Submissions, Approvals & Other Actions: September 2013. // BioWorld Insight;10/14/2013, Vol. 21 Issue 42, p32
A table is presented which lists the biotechnology companies which have submitted their proposals to and got approval for their products from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration as of September 2013 including Celgene Corp., Gilead Sciences Inc., and Durata Therapeutics Inc.