Sinking China's Video Pirates
- The Rise Of Streaming. Crookes, David // Micro Mart;Apr2014, Issue 1298, p70
The article reports on the growing popularity of movie and music streaming services. Topics discussed include the prevalence of music and film piracy over the Internet particularly those that cannot be watched legally online, the strategy adopted by online streaming services in fighting piracy...
- YouTube : An Overview. Belanger, Craig; English, Marlanda // Points of View: YouTube;3/1/2016, p1
The article deals with YouTube, a popular video streaming website where users can upload video files that they created or disseminated. It traces the origins of YouTube which was founded by former PayPal employees, Chad Hurley, Steve Chen and Jawed Karim. The copyright infringement issue facing...
- CYBERWISE. Donaldson, Sonya A. // Black Enterprise;Jun2010, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p62
The article provides an answer to a question of about adding live-streaming to various events.
- How to Stream a Live Event. Unickow, Joel // Streaming Media;May/Jun2015, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p38
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses topics within the issue related to live streaming along with the Streaming Media Superguide and the "recommended reading and viewing" section.
- Next-Gen Video Alliance Challenges Widely-Used Streaming Technology. Arlen, Gary // Multichannel News;9/14/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 32, p17
A blog post concerning the challenge faced by streaming technology from the newly formed Alliance for Open Media a collaboration of seven major Internet and software companies that will develop video-streaming formats, is presented.
- Study: Poor Online Video Quality Costly. TRIBBEY, CHRIS // Home Media Magazine;2/18/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p8
The article reports on a study which found that global video content companies have spent as much as 2.16 billion U.S. dollars in 2012 due to poor online video streams.
- STAT OF THE WEEK. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/8/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 33, p4
A statistic about the percentage of consumers who watch streamed content is presented.
- STREAMING MEDIA ON EVERY SCREEN. Siglin, Tim // AV Technology;Nov2015, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p61
The article discusses different types of streaming media on every screen.
- SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS FOR LIVE STREAMING. // AV Technology;Dec2015, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p54
The article offers tips for the live streaming of an event.